All reviews room was clean foot bridge quiet at night heated pool within walking distance close to downtown road trip main street pier deborah freeway walkway pets microwave ocean channels
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed here four times, it is not fancy, but it is clean, easy to find, it allows well behaved pets which I have a great dog who is very obedient, close to the pier, and instead of staying with family and being in a tiny bed, we get privacy and good king bed!.

Room tip: There is a train track nearby so FYI.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
mventura, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thanks Auntie Gail! We are glad you stay with us when visiting your family here.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Fast initial sign-up (check in) with reservation (used booking.com) on holiday weekend(Memorial Day) Clean room for price with everything working , good wifi reception with fast check-out. A good value for the money.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank pwalesky
mventura, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you! You are close if you live in Los Angeles, so we hope you come back soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We are 1950's retro nuts and this place fit the bill to a "T." An older facility that rivals any place at twice the price, the freshly maintained decor is straight out of the past, yet comfortable and efficient. The room, pool and grounds are spotless clean and the staff, especially Juanita at the front desk, are all cheerful, friendly and efficient. The bed was plush and comfortable and the room was quiet despite being next to the office and stairs, with a train running behind the hotel. Within walking distance of a beautiful park, and plenty of unique restaurants, antique stores, and specialty shops the location couldn't have been more convenient. But for good old fashioned, inexpensive, home cooking just try the Vagabond restaurant next door ... inexpensive, yet serving an abundance of delicious food.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank William C

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! I will show it to Janita right now. She will be as pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us as I am. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Remember now we're talking about the Vagabond,not the Ritz Carlton,so here's the deal pedestrian access to the beach and pier,short walk through the park to all the restaurants,pubs,micro brews,not to mention a vast fusion of almost any type of live music you could ask for,Yeah you got your knuckle head Ventura freaks crusin around,but for the price you can't come close,also the staff,Aimee is simply delicious,and Jenny is devine,Juanita the manager does a great job considering the logistic's.Ventura has a throw back hippi/music/artsy theme....gotta have an open mind........all in all good job folks.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank anthony m
mventura, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review. We do have local homeless people that like to hang around the beach areas, but I've seen that in just about every beach community that has decent weather. For the most part, they are just annoying. This town is awesome, and everything is close by. We are glad you choose to stay with us. I think Aimee will blush at the 'delicious' comment, but I'm going to make sure she sees it and gets a big "Thank You" from me, Jenny as well! As far a Juanita goes, she IS awesome, and everyone here knows it! Thanks.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I travel on business once in awhile and dont like to waste money on over priced rooms ,but the first few places I stopped were a disgrace . A police person told me about the this place and I found it to be just fine. The room was clean and everything worked ,yes the mattress wasnt the best I ever slept on and the tv wasnt huge but for less than seventy bucks a night it was great .
I didnt use the pool but it looked clean and the Ice machine worked well . The cafe on the property was nice and sold beer and wine I had the fried chicken and it was good . I would stay here again and believe this motel is perfect for over night stops or people on a budget that want to stretch their vacation buck .

Room tip: do try the fish and chip shop next door its pretty cool.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Kelly C
mventura, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Kelly C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are happy that we could meet your expectations, even on the recommendation of the person you spoke to. We take pride in the cleanliness and the value of our product. We hope you will come back in the near future and enjoy all of our facilities. Please do not hesitate to give us a call to book your next stay.
Safe Travels!