All reviewsbunk bedsroom was cleanpedestrian bridgequiet at nightpool and hot tubclose to downtownwithin walking distanceroad tripmain streetpierdeborahpetfreewaylodgingmicrowavehousekeeperchannels
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We are 1950's retro nuts and this place fit the bill to a "T." An older facility that rivals any place at twice the price, the freshly maintained decor is straight out of the past, yet comfortable and efficient. The room, pool and grounds are spotless clean and the staff, especially Juanita at the front desk, are all cheerful, friendly and efficient. The bed was plush and comfortable and the room was quiet despite being next to the office and stairs, with a train running behind the hotel. Within walking distance of a beautiful park, and plenty of unique restaurants, antique stores, and specialty shops the location couldn't have been more convenient. But for good old fashioned, inexpensive, home cooking just try the Vagabond restaurant next door ... inexpensive, yet serving an abundance of delicious food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William C
mventura, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! I will show it to Janita right now. She will be as pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us as I am. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Remember now we're talking about the Vagabond,not the Ritz Carlton,so here's the deal pedestrian access to the beach and pier,short walk through the park to all the restaurants,pubs,micro brews,not to mention a vast fusion of almost any type of live music you could ask for,Yeah you got your knuckle head Ventura freaks crusin around,but for the price you can't come close,also the staff,Aimee is simply delicious,and Jenny is devine,Juanita the manager does a great job considering the logistic's.Ventura has a throw back hippi/music/artsy theme....gotta have an open mind........all in all good job folks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank anthony m
mventura, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review. We do have local homeless people that like to hang around the beach areas, but I've seen that in just about every beach community that has decent weather. For the most part, they are just annoying. This town is awesome, and everything is close by. We are glad you choose to stay with us. I think Aimee will blush at the 'delicious' comment, but I'm going to make sure she sees it and gets a big "Thank You" from me, Jenny as well! As far a Juanita goes, she IS awesome, and everyone here knows it! Thanks.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I travel on business once in awhile and dont like to waste money on over priced rooms ,but the first few places I stopped were a disgrace . A police person told me about the this place and I found it to be just fine. The room was clean and everything worked ,yes the mattress wasnt the best I ever slept on and the tv wasnt huge but for less than seventy bucks a night it was great .
I didnt use the pool but it looked clean and the Ice machine worked well . The cafe on the property was nice and sold beer and wine I had the fried chicken and it was good . I would stay here again and believe this motel is perfect for over night stops or people on a budget that want to stretch their vacation buck .

Room Tip: do try the fish and chip shop next door its pretty cool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kelly C
mventura, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Kelly C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are happy that we could meet your expectations, even on the recommendation of the person you spoke to. We take pride in the cleanliness and the value of our product. We hope you will come back in the near future and enjoy all of our facilities. Please do not hesitate to give us a call to book your next stay.
Safe Travels!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I regret I could spend only one night at the Vagabond Inn Ventura since it's one of those places where you feel like home and you'd like stopping the time just to be there any longer. From the very beginning when I checked in I experienced a very positive feeling, certainly influenced by the kindness and professionalism of the gentleman present at that moment, confirmed during my whole stay. For a very good rate I was offered a large clean room, equipped with fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron and iron board. The location was perfect for my needs: within walking distance from the beach, the Main street and all downtown attractions. Reaching the motel is elementary since Thompson Blvd is actually the name of US 101 in town and the exit 70 A of the Highway 1 is just one block away. In spite of this proximity the Vagabond Inn is a very quiet place. A large pool is available to guests who can even enjoy a basic breakfast in the morning , maybe the only flaw I can name, not an issue at all anyway. Coffee is available in the lobby around the clock. The whole staff deserves a mention for its efficiency and kindness. Can I recommend this motel? Definitely YES, without any doubt. From now on it'll be my place whenever in the City of San Buenaventura.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank d8889

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Gary is the gentleman that you are referring to at check in. I will make sure that he sees your nice comments about him. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here in Ventura and hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Since my last review and upon my recent stay I have to say that they need to step up simple maintenance and policy issues. One is replacing the electrical outlets in their rooms with new ones that plugins don't fall out of. The other is smoke smell in non-smoking rooms mainly by construction workers. Air out the rooms please. There is definitely a extreme shortage of electrical outlets in the rooms. This is typical of older motels/hotels so bring your own plug strip and extension cord if you need electrical hookups.
This place is still simple and clean and Very Friendly to pets. It is a ok stay. It is close to the beach and downtown. Just stepping up simple things will make it better for your stay. Just don't expect a Class A place.

Room Tip: Try to get a room nearer to the office or at least along that strip of rooms and make sure to have breakfast at the Vagabond Resturant. It is good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
mventura, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thanks for reviewing our hotel. Your comments help make our hotel better. We are currently renovating rooms in the hotel, but only about 10 at a time. The renovated ones have 4 more electrical outlets than before. Next week we will be installing new carpet in 35 rooms. I will have the maintenance man check the outlets in the older rooms and replace the ones that need it. I will get on that today. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon.