All reviewsbunk bedsroom was cleanpedestrian bridgequiet at nightpool and hot tubclose to downtownwithin walking distanceroad tripmain streetpierdeborahpetfreewaylodgingmicrowavehousekeeperchannels
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Ended up here by default as all other Ventura hotels were booked.

Awesome location, a short walk to the beach/pier and downtown.

Rooms are average, definitely a little tired & the bedding is a bit thin (ac was overpowering even on low setting, but too hot without it).

Front desk staff were very friendly & helpful. Pool & hot tub were a nice feature.

The room doors were 'sticky' and very noisy, so neighbouring room doors closing woke our baby. Very little soundproofing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
mventura, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We are in the process of upgrading the guest rooms. When they are finished, the upper shelf in the closet will contain an extra blanket and pillow. Right now, they are available at the front desk. We will look into the sticky door issue. I'm sure that can be fixed. I will have maintenance check all of the doors and get back to me with a list. We really appreciate the input and the opportunity it gives us to make the Vagabond Inn the best choice in town for overall value and service.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I booked a room for 2 nites with 2 queen beds. The room large, airy, and very clean. Very comfortable beds, good a/c. Could have used a few hangers and hooks, but not a big deal. The area was quiet enough for us. We were above the pool, in the back. The view out the front window was great, with the hills, palm trees, and a peek of the city in between. The view out the bathroom window was the ocean, but we generally kept that small window closed. The train came by a few times, and coming from Long Beach where there's a fair share of airplane noise above us, that wasn't much of a bother. The staff was very friendly. The restaurant was OK. Presentation was excellent but the substance was only fair. Once again, the staff here was super friendly and accommodating. Didn't have to eat there, though. There were tons of great restaurants around. In back there's a walkway over the 405 freeway that gets you straight to the Ventura pier and promenade. And out front you're very close to downtown. Wonderful location! I'd stay again, for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the review! I suspect you got one of the rooms that has an added closet. I will check today to make sure there are plenty of hangers. We hope to see you here again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Because I'm a dog owner, I always look for a place where I can take my dogs. I had a reservation with the Motel 6, but every room reeked of cigarette smoke and I decided to stay somewhere else. The Vagabond Inn had room available and zero smell of smoke. The bed was very comfy and it was a plus having a hot tub/jacuzzi. (I even ran to the local Ross and purchased a swimming suit, so I could use it). And I got a discount with my Triple A card, score! The only negative aspect is that Amtrak trains run nearby and it can be disruptive... but I didn't really mind.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MrsCDinLA
mventura, Manager at Vagabond Inn Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for the nice review! We love to hear feedback from our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stopped off in Ventura during our coastal trip to San Diego and after viewing the local hotels we chose the Vagabond. We found this an excellent place to stay with welcoming / professional staff and a restaurant which provided a brilliant choice, lovely welcoming staff and excellent value for money. - Keep up the great work Vagabond.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank scot010
mventura, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you! We hope to see you if you come again!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great location & dog friendly! Gary Baker at the front desk was overwhelmed with people checking in but handled it with a breeze. I will always stay here & recommend this highly to my friends since I live in Ventura (only two blocks away) They even have a little "Doggie park" for your dog.Room was immaculant. Nice & quiet at night. & the pool was HEATED! I have to go back! Charles Downs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank you Charles! I'd like to meet you next time you come in. Thank you for the nice review.