All reviewsbunk bedsroom was cleanpedestrian bridgequiet at nightpool and hot tubclose to downtownwithin walking distanceroad tripmain streetpierdeborahpetfreewaylodgingmicrowavehousekeeperchannels
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great location & dog friendly! Gary Baker at the front desk was overwhelmed with people checking in but handled it with a breeze. I will always stay here & recommend this highly to my friends since I live in Ventura (only two blocks away) They even have a little "Doggie park" for your dog.Room was immaculant. Nice & quiet at night. & the pool was HEATED! I have to go back! Charles Downs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
mventura, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you Charles! I'd like to meet you next time you come in. Thank you for the nice review.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had not made any reservations and took what was left: a room that backed up to the freeway, which turned out not to be a problem as only the bathroom faced it. But the surprise was that there is also a rather busy railroad track. The passing trains shake the bed!
The TV could have been newer and I would have liked a better reception, everything else in the room was fine. The breakfast snacks were tasty, so was the coffee. The staff was helpful and friendly. The property looked well taken care of. I would stay here again, but I would want one of the rooms on either side of the property, not in the back.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thanks for staying with us on your journey. We have a great downtown location right across from the beach and Ventura Pier, but unfortunately, we do have a train that passes between us and the Pacific ocean. We are up grading rooms right now and have completed around 25% of the hotel. Flat screen TV's will be in the next phase. We hope to see you again next time you pass through Ventura.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Wow, this place was really clean inside and out. I was pleased to let the housekeepers know what a lovely job they had done in the rooms. While walking my Golden Retriever, Snow, I had the opportunity to meet the maintenance attendant, Dan. Dan was polite and eager to assist with anything that I may need during my stay. It was a joy to see someone not only wear the hat of maintenance personnel, but seemingly that of a concierge as well.
This hotel has such personality that I plan to only stay with Vagabond when in Ventura. I felt like I was at home away from home with great neighbors, friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am going to show this to the housekeepers and Dan. I know they will appreciate the acknowledgments. They really try hard to make everyone happy. Sometimes that doesn't happen, but when it does, it makes their day too! Hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We have stayed at the Vagabond for many years when we visit family in Ventura. The staff is very professional and helpful, the rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and it is the best value in town. The adjacent restaurant is great, too. We are within walking distance of downtown, the pier, the farmers' market, post office, park - just a great location. A few years ago we mentioned an uneven spot in the walkway to the management - a potential hazard for someone falling or tripping - and when we came back next time it had been fixed. We always look forward to out stays here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean M
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

It's guests like you that make our job easier. When you notice a problem and let us know, you become a part of the team. We sure are glad that you stay with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This place was a real steal.......price was really good and the area was lovely! Staff were very helpful, all amenities (pool, Internet access, restaurant and bars) were really above what we were expecting. The area was lovely and quite at night but the town was lively. rooms were really clean and well maintained. Check it out

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple