All reviewsbunk bedsroom was cleanpedestrian bridgequiet at nightpool and hot tubclose to downtownwithin walking distanceroad tripmain streetpierdeborahpetfreewaylodgingmicrowavehousekeeperchannels
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Wow, this place was really clean inside and out. I was pleased to let the housekeepers know what a lovely job they had done in the rooms. While walking my Golden Retriever, Snow, I had the opportunity to meet the maintenance attendant, Dan. Dan was polite and eager to assist with anything that I may need during my stay. It was a joy to see someone not only wear the hat of maintenance personnel, but seemingly that of a concierge as well.
This hotel has such personality that I plan to only stay with Vagabond when in Ventura. I felt like I was at home away from home with great neighbors, friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am going to show this to the housekeepers and Dan. I know they will appreciate the acknowledgments. They really try hard to make everyone happy. Sometimes that doesn't happen, but when it does, it makes their day too! Hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We have stayed at the Vagabond for many years when we visit family in Ventura. The staff is very professional and helpful, the rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and it is the best value in town. The adjacent restaurant is great, too. We are within walking distance of downtown, the pier, the farmers' market, post office, park - just a great location. A few years ago we mentioned an uneven spot in the walkway to the management - a potential hazard for someone falling or tripping - and when we came back next time it had been fixed. We always look forward to out stays here!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean M
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

It's guests like you that make our job easier. When you notice a problem and let us know, you become a part of the team. We sure are glad that you stay with us and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This place was a real steal.......price was really good and the area was lovely! Staff were very helpful, all amenities (pool, Internet access, restaurant and bars) were really above what we were expecting. The area was lovely and quite at night but the town was lively. rooms were really clean and well maintained. Check it out

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ita F
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The service that i received was excellent. Over the past three months i have been staying here for business, and the staff at the Vagabond has been very helpful. Jenny, who works at the front desk has put up with a lot from me and my coworkers and she is always very polite and always makes sure that we are happy during our stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel E
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews - but I was pleasantly surprised - my room was clean and larger than I expected. Traveling with my two dogs it can be difficult to find nice places to stay - but here it was really nice. Je at the front desk was super sweet to my pups and gave me lots of great info about the area. The manager, Marinee, had treats for my dogs and told me about a great place for fish tacos :) Will be heading back through Ventura on my way home and will be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo