See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

Simple and basic room, no frills but very clean.
It's next to the freeway but quiet with only one way in or out.
Clean swimming pool and spa
Very polite staff that had our reservations ready for us.
Lowest prices in town.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Ventura South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Agunsmith,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Until the next time, We’ll Leave the Light on For You!

Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Typical Motel 6. Its a little hard to get to. Its oddly shaped including the building so sometimes its hard to find your room. It is only good if you need to sleep, if you need something more then look for another hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Ventura South, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Hi Rafael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for the inconvenience you describe in finding our location. Please know the issue you experienced is an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. The service concerns you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

I think that this is not as bad as all the reviews suggest. My room 134 was clean and looked recently renovated and everything works. Bed was good for the price. Walls are not as soundproof as masonry construction but muted TV sounds heard. When I asked the staff where to eat locally they said lots of restaurant other side of the intersection which was a 5 minute walk away. I found really good Thai food. Pool and hot tub were working. Good budget nights sleep. Only free coffee offered but it was from a latte machine and quite tasty. No fridge or microwave.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

Hi,

We appreciate you recognizing our excellent service, and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

Traveling home from a wonderful weekend away in our motorhome, unfortunately it broke down just north of Ventura California. We were towed into town for an RV repair place, and after it was decided they probably wouldn't be able to fix it
Traveling home from a weekend getaway in our motorhome just north of Ventura California, and unfortunately it broke down and we had to be towed into Ventura to a motorhome repair shop . After determining that would not be repaired that gay, we booked a room with the nearby Motel 6 that was within walking distance of the RV lot. We had our dog with us so of course we had to go with a pet friendly hotel. We have stayed at several Motel 6's over the years, and do not ever expect anything other than a basic room that's clean and affordable. The room itself was nicely redone. Laminate floors. Decent bedding with a traditional not very nice towels. But that was all fine. We had requested a room in a quiet part of the hotel, and the room Three Doors Down from us had occupants that were loud, yelling, threatening, and basically no one we wanted to be near. There also was construction going on at the hotel that was very loud. I called the front desk and they gratefully moved us to another room. He told me it was an upgrade but no charge. We move to the new room, spent the night, and the next morning about 10, received a call that the motorhome was not going to be repaired for a couple days , so we rented a car and drove home that day. When we checked out we were not given a printed invoice, we simply gave them the keys at the front desk and our room number. Always make sure you get a printed invoice of your room charges. We ended up being charged for the upgrade to the additional room that they moved us to even after they said there was no charge, and it took another day of phone calling up there to get this problem solved. They did eventually acknowledge it was their error and they remove the charge for my credit card. End of story, except that the hotel exterior is in dire need of a good power washing. It's really nasty.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Ventura South, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2019

Dear Bill,

We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to the transaction issue you describe. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed October 13, 2018

Don't stay here. The staff is aweful, if you complain about anything they kick you out and put you on a DNR list. It is the worst Motel 6 I have ever been to. I let them know that I found cockroaches in my room and within two days they refused to rent to me.
They made me move all my belongings out into the parking lot while I waited for a downstairs room that I was promised when I first got there.
It was a nightmare. I did end up getting a comped room for one night because of the vermin, but I should have moved when I first got the feeling that they were aweful.
The housekeepers go in your room and rummage through your things on the days you say no service. I asked for no service and came back to my room looking like a robber came in there and a made up bed. Also when you say no service, about three different people will bangon your door over the course of the day asking if you want service. If you expect to sleep......don't stay here....cockroaches running across your face in the bed and nosey, rude and sticky handed staff.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Ventura South, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear Angel, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe, and we apologize for the circumstances you experienced. The service issues you experienced are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you had a less than satisfying service during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.