“Motel 6 Ventura Beach..DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!”

Motel 6 Ventura South
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This place was horrible. Non smoking room smelled like stale cigars. Air conditioning didn't work, bed linen was paper thin, dirty towells and face cloths were ragged at best. I was able to speak to the manager, which he told me there wasn't anything else available, which I new wasn't true. I had called the office from my cell phone to check on room availbilities which I was told they had rooms available. When I told the manager that, he said if I didn't like it to go some where else. Which we did. But then the theives billed me fo a room I didn't stay in. Did I mention the vagrants that assemble in the parking lot asking prople for money. Do yourslf a favor bypass this horrible place...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Marc H
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Ventura South

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Motel 6, with lots of people staying for a longer period.
Something went room with the cleaning of the room we were assigned, but the staff were very friendly and sorted it out smoothly.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank margoworldtraveller
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I know what to expect at a Motel 6 and understand what class of motel it is, but this was kind of ridiculous. I was not in a situation to be picky and just needed a place to crash for the night. Problem was the "clean towels" were wrinkled with hairs on them. Not one of the towels. All of them. Pretty poor way to start the day. Unfortunately no time to stick around and request new ones and complain

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank rayandgabby
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I arrived after midnight on Thursday for an event through Monday. I am traveling with dogs and I have stayed at decent Motel 6's in the past. This is one of the largest Motel 6's I've ever seen. I booked weeks in advance and asked for a ground floor room, they put me on the third (top) floor. The desk clerk said I had one of the ONLY non-smoking rooms at the hotel. An it felt like it. I had to run the air conditioner on high to help mask the smell of my "neighbors". I checked out and went to La Quinta Friday morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank kklicky
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I Have To Stay At Motel 6,For 2 Weeks !
Because Our Family Moved,4 Kids(2 G's,2B's)And Two Adults.
The Rooms Smell,Alright Location,Simple Place...I Guess.
But 5Mins Ago I Was By The Fridge And There Was A Scorpion Type Spider Bug,And It Was On The Wall,Me And My Sister Went To Go,Complain And
I Said"What Is This",

She Said"Eww Don't Bring It In Here !",

"What Can You Do About This ?"

"There Is Nothing We Can Do Accept Switch Your Rooms But You Won't Have. Fridge Or Microwave !"

"Can We Bug The Room ?"

"Well Its Going To Take A While To Call Terminator But All You Can Do Is Set It
Free So Your Family Will Have To Get Over Their Fears !"

"Well Thanks For Nothing"

*DON'T STAY HERE*

1  Thank AmberFBabyxD
Reviewed November 3, 2009

My husband is in the military and he received orders to move within a month's time to the Ventura area. We were living in San Diego and needed a room to stay in for the weekend so we could house hunt. Unfortunately due to the busy summer season, 99% of all hotel rooms in the Ventura area were booked (trust me, I was on the phone for hours). Finally, I called this place in a fit of desperation and was elated to hear that they had one room open for the entire weekend. I took it, and what a mistake that was. From the outside, the motel looked nice. My husband did the check-in process and made no mention of anything weird. The pool looked nice. However, when we drove to the back of the building, everything changed. There were a few gangbanger-types hanging out by their trucks in the parking lot and they all stopped and stared at our car when we got out. They continued watching us as we climbed the stairs to our room. I looked over the bannister and they were still staring. There was a couple sitting on the disgusting, stinky hallway floor who reeked of booze. They were arguing loudly over sex. Yep, right outside our door. My husband and I are both looking at each other like, "OMG, what have we gotten ourselves into?" Then we opened the door to our room. It smelled like the nastiest bar in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco- booze, beer sweat, vomit, cigarettes, etc. The floor was so dirty that I wouldn't allow my son, who was 4 at the time, to walk barefoot on it, or my daughter, who was 10 months, to crawl on it. The sheets looked okay but I immediately took the "comforters" (which resembled dog nesting material) off and put them in the closet. We had about 10 minutes of hot water. The counter in the bath area was cracked and had numerous obscenities carved into them. There were no toiletries like soap or even an extra roll of TP. The remote was covered in an unidentifiable sticky substance. We barely got any sleep because people were yelling, screaming & running around all hours of the night in the hallway. We heard glass breaking at one point and when my husband stuck his head out the door, he saw a drug deal made in plain sight two doors down from us. We spent every second possible away from this place. If we hadn't been in such a desperate situation, I would've immediately left but we HAD to stay to be able to househunt. Thinking about this place makes me feel disgusting all over again. You'd be better off sleeping behind KFC in the dumpster; at least it would smell better in there.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank xliquidxfirex
Reviewed August 8, 2009

The first time I was ever in Ventura for business, almost a year ago, I stayed the first night at the Beach and, when it turned into a two-nighter, ended up staying here on the second night. Back to back, this was the better Motel 6, and the one I always stay in now when I'm in Ventura.

I have never, ever had a problem. What particularly catches me EVERY time I'm here is the great service. Desk clerks that seem genuinely happy to have your business go a long way towards keeping my business. The only problem I ever had was that my internet went down once, and I thought it was a little crappy that they had ME call customer service... but then I realized it was because the customer service rep wanted to troubleshoot my computer before troubleshooting the network, as it's more common for user problems to occur than network problems. Made sense in the end, and when it turned out it WAS a network problem, they got it fixed within an hour, and then called me TWICE to make sure that 1) my connection came back up; then 2) my connection was still up, an hour later, and that I was happy. That's good service.

Nothing bad to say... it IS a typical Motel 6, meaning the typical M6 bedding, towels and decor. No cleanliness or safety issues though... all in all, I really like the location (apparently the police cruise through twice a night to check for illegal parking, so you have to have a parking permit or you'll be cited... and somehow that makes me feel safer). Within short driving distance to shopping and eats. Seriously, a good stop for the business traveler.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business