“This is a Motel as it is. Don't expect more.”

Motel 6 Ventura Beach
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Clean with a hot shower and bar of soap. Are your expecting more from a motel? Cheap option in neighbourhood and just couple of blocks from the Ocean.
Very fine for 1 night stay if you're travelling around California.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Viktor K

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights because my company booked me here. I can tell you that I will notify the company to NEVER book anymore reservations at this place. Positive first, the room is clean, property looks decent. Ok, here are the negatives...

1). They leave no pen/paper in the room for you to write notes
2). They leave no extra toliet paper in the bathroom incase you have those late night emergencies
3). They only leave 2 bars of soap. No lotions or shower jel.
4). They charge $2.99 a night for internet usage. (something I would expect from a Sheraton or a high profile hotel....not a Motel 6)
5). There are NO kleenex's in the room nor do they have any at the front desk.

So my review is very poor. I guarantee you that I won't be staying at this location anymore.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay at this location, be sure you bring the above with you. Oh by the way, their s...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank libertymatt75
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Bed Bugs in multiple rooms. Reservations that were paid for were cancelled. Customer Service gives you run around about how the property manager is the only person who can do something. Dirty. Bad beds. Cops every Friday night. Fully all around embarrassment.

Room Tip: Stay away. For a few dollars more get an actual 2 star hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Buster H
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I booked my room here with great trepidation, after reading most of the reviews here. I even brought my own towel, per one of the recommendations. Didn't need it.

What a lovely surprise! I was greeted by a lovely young man on staff, Christian. I told him that I was a bit nervous, in light of the Trip Advisor reviews. He said that if I had any problems, to dial "0" and he'd help me however he could.

The room was immaculate! He got me a ground floor, so it's easier to let my dog out for walks. Bathroom was clean. Excellent water pressure. Wi-Fi is $2.99 (no biggie, since it actually works!).

The carpet felt a little damp, but that could just be humidity. Easily fixed by wearing my flips.
The shower could be a little challenging for a larger person, but it's a pretty ingenious design, working with such limited space. I'll upload a pic to show you what I mean.

I slept like a rock. Quiet neighbors. And we're about 2 blocks from a gorgeous beach!! Fabulous restaurants down there. Also, affordable fast food just west of the motel, including the legendary In-N-Out.

(FYI, no dogs allowed on the beach).

It's a little more expensive than most Motel 6s ($59), but that's the location.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank BonnieKarpay
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I booked this motel because it was so close to the beach so my sons could surf often. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and motels across the country and this one by far is the worst I've even been in. check in took over 30 minutes even though we had reservation a week prior and we were the only customers being waited on. The rooms were dirty, cigarette burns in bedspread, stains all over carpet, room smelled bad. My sons room was not cleaned the whole week, they had to go get fresh towels on their own. The maid accidentally threw my toothbrush away and the desk clerk didn't believe me when I complained. The internet we payed extra for didn't work. There was homeless people hanging around talking loudly throughout the nights keeping us from a good nights sleep. A guy was living out of his van, the staff said he was a registered guest, but the room he was registered to was occupied by at least 10 homeless people taking turns napping and/or resting. The staff were friends with some of the homeless which might explain their unwillingness to do something about it. When I complained about my sons room not being cleaned, the desk clerk named Mario just said "I don't know what to tell you". The only good thing about this place was the location.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Debbie K
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed at this motel a month ago. Have never been to such a horrible motel. The room smelled. The bedding was dirty. Crumbs and stains on the sheets and blankets. The beds smelled of body odor. We went to ask for a clean blanket and were given an old ratty one being told it was all they had. The bathroom was filthy. The lock on the door wasnt working correctly and the other clients did not seem safe. We barely slept in fear as we were women traveling together.

We had bites on our legs after a nite of hardly being able to sleep because of the body odor in the bedding. We checked out at 6 in the am. Couldnt stand it anymore. To their credit they did give us the nite we cancelled money back. But not the nite we suffered thru never even bothered to ask why we were checking out early. I think they knew and were afraid to ask.

I called corporate to complain and all they were worried about was whether or not we saw a Dr. for the bites. They did after about 3 weeks say they were sending an exterminator to check the room. I told them they needed more than an exterminator I asked for my money back and corporate told me they couldnt do this. I hghly doubt that. Just an excuse. Than they told me to contact the manager. I am thinking the manager should be contacting me.. This motel should be condemned. I have stayed in a lot of motels and am not a 5 star person but this is not a hotel that should even be open anymore. I am thinking from the other reviews I have seen that this is just the norm for corporate at motel 6 and we can complain all we want and nothing is going to be done.

I have to say the people at the front desk are nice. I really feel they get no support from corporate and they know it is bad and there is nothing they can do about the conditions at this motel. I will never ever stay at a Motel 6 again and neither should anyone else.

Room Tip: Find a different motel. Dont even try this one.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lynWisconsin
Reviewed June 6, 2012

we stayed in this motel with 2 young children. first we checked (14.00) in en asked for a ATM and shopping. After shopping (16.00) we opened our room and it smelled like 4 wet dogs had been there all week. Because my little girl had already used the bathroom en because we checked in 2 hours before the manager refused to give us another room. he needed all rooms because it was almost fully booked, he said. (so, when we were earlier, he would have given this smelly room to the next visitor....)
Only a little spray to reduce the smell was offered. We didn't sleep all night.

the next morning another manager mentioned there were enough rooms left that night, and he shoot have given us another room..... too late.

Also al the bits of grass around the motel are full of dogsh"t.
we have two dogs ourselves and love animals, but when you invite animals in a motel you have to clean up better.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family