“The best sandwiches or salads in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ventura, California
“The best sandwiches or salads in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

A great place to grab a bite with healthy choices of salads or sandwiches. The service is quick and efficient with plenty of outdoor seating! Free drink refills!

Visited October 2012

Ojai, California
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

A tasty and reliable lunch choice in Ventura for years. Often a line, but worth the wait. I tend to get the salads but the sandwiches are good as is the soup.

Visited November 2012
Ventura, California
“Make sure you stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

If you are visiting the area or just driving through, be sure to stop. It is in a great little shopping center with Barnes and Nobles, etc. It is hard to beat the wonderful bread they are making all day long and the way they cook their chicken for their sandwiches and salads is YUM!

Visited November 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Best Club Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was the best club sandwich I have ever tasted in my life!!! There were 4 of us and I dont know who had the best dish! The place is a little small but you can dine outdoors. The price is the same as Panera but their sandwiches run circles around that restaurant even though I love Panera also. Just writing this reveiw makes me wish I was still in Ventura! A must try!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank SPGal
Paso Robles Wine Region, California
“Must try it -- very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My adult daughter & I were on a "girls trip" heading toward So Cal on 101, and I found Urbane Cafe on Yelp actually. I think it is a newer restaurant in this location. It was highly recommended so we gave it a try. It is close to the freeway ramps for Telephone Rd. exit, on the South East side of 101. They serve sandwiches, soup, & salads. We were stopping for dinner. I had the Urbane Cafe Salad which came with bread kind of like chibatta bread cut into a triangle shape. You order from a counter and they page you in about 5 min. My daughter ordered a sandwich, chicken I think that was very good. We plan to stop back in this restaurant whenever we happen to be traveling up/down Route 101 thru Ventura. BTW, my daughter said, Mom, there is a new Urbane Cafe in downtown San Luis Obispo, CA where we live, so I was surprised. She tried that one also after we got home from our trip & it was equally good. We highly recommend Urbane Cafe. Wonderful, fresh, good wholesome food. The restaurant is kind of small, and it it is nothing fancy, just a small, casual place for a quick meal. I believe there were some tables outside.

• Visited June 2012