“A gem of a restaurant!”
Review of Cafe Nouveau

Cafe Nouveau
Ranked #4 of 437 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took a friend there, both of us first-timers, to this lovely little restaurant for her birthday. What a lovely experience! The weather was classic Calif., so we ate out on the palm and flower Spanish style patio. Our server was so nice and anticipated all our needs. I ordered a grilled veggie sandwich and my friend has the BBQ chicken salad, which came with an excellent muffin. Delicious!

The interior of the restaurant was formerly a 1920s Spanish adobe style house that the owners remodeled as a restaurant while keeping all the homey feel of the house. The decor and the lay out of the tables is wonderful and creates a wonderful energy in the room. The patio is beautiful and again in keeping with the original design of the house.

They serve breakfast (all day!) and lunch until 2PM every day, and dinner from 5PM Wed-Sat.

Wonderful experience! Will be back again soon!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I aren't in California enough, but everytime we are, we make sure we stop at this place for breakfast, at least once. It is consistently good and the atmosphere is artistic and happy. If you are staying in Ventura to visit the city and SB, it's the best choice and value for breakfast to start your day of sightseeing. Can't recommend it enough.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just a great place. Funky artsy vibe, passionate staff, fun menu, and great tasty vittles. Recommend for sure!

1  Thank Todd-e-bones
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Bang for the buck, this may well be the best restaurant in Ventura.

The food is consistently excellent. We shared a brie and mango quesedilla which was worth the whole experience right there. I had the lamb chops and my wife had a steak. Both perfectly cooked, covered with a delicious sauce all sitting on a bed of perfect risotto and served on a hot plate. My son had an ahi tuna plate that was spot on. For three of us, the food cost was $90. A deal in this town. One entree on the menu was only $15.

The wine list is somewhat small, but well rounded and very reasonably priced. My only "complaint" is the red wine is way too warm.

There is nothing fancy about this place. The restaurant was shut down for months after a fire. The inside is freshly done but they kept the formica kitchen tables and the outsized posters on the walls. The patio is the place to be on a warm afternoon or evening.

This place just keeps getting better. Go there. Now. Tonight.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

After an 8 month closure due to a fire, Cafe Nouvea is open again, and it's better than ever. Try the Pork Tenderloin at dinner or the 3 x 3 (or just about anything else) for breakfast. Friendly staff, great service, fantastic food.

1  Thank VenturaBart