“A Heads Up...GOOD NEWS...:)”
Review of Cafe Nouveau

Cafe Nouveau
Ranked #4 of 434 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

On a recent trip up the coast we just happened to run across the owner/manager of the Cafe Nouveau.

He told us that after a disastrous kitchen fire some 8 months ago, the Cafe Nouveau will re-open in mid November.

We are looking forward to going back...:)

1  Thank ebrynnie
There are newer reviews for Cafe Nouveau

Reviewed September 27, 2012

THey had a fire in the kitchen and I drive passed it every day just wating for the sign to change from "Opening soon" to "Now Open"... their French food is exquisit... there is not a dish on the menu I haver not had and would not again and again... Please do find this hole in the wall off the beaten path eatery and grab a chair, no reservations, and sit down and be prepared to be taken to the moon and back on a wonderful food ride.

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Currently repairing extensive fire damage. Scheduled to open soon. Locals and others are patiently awaiting their return. BEST place for breakfast in Ventura.

Great patio, dog friendly, amazingly tasty French Toast. Even their oatmeal is great, especially with spiced apples. :-d

2  Thank LwindVta
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Me and my wife came here a while ago before they closed for remodeling, service was ok but the food was bad for both of us, I had this mango waffle or pancake I don't remember that was inedible and my wife had eggs Benedict that were blend.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We are from out of town, but this is our favorite restaurant in Ventura. So you can imagine how disappointed I was, when we got into town today and the first place we stopped was Cafe Nouveau. Imagine our disappointment when we saw a sign say closed due to fire. I hope you reopen soon, best of luck and so sorry for your loss. We will look forward to stopping by our next visit to your beautiful city.

Been to Cafe Nouveau? Share your experiences!