“bang for the buck”

Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just a quick trip to the beach. Hotel people helped us find places to eat, drink and ride our bikes. Just a great deal for being so close to the beach and down town. The BEST fish tacos I've ever had was only 80 yards away!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

John S-
Spencer Makenzies Fish Company does have amazing tacos! Their clam chowder is to die for also. As a matter of fact I think ill have them for lunch this week! ; ) We certainly appreciate your feedback and we love hearing that you had a good stay. Without our guest reviews we would not be able to continue doing things right and improve on things that we may need to get better at! We look forward to welcoming you again, next time you are in Ventura.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Clean, comfortable, and breakfast is amazing! They served a full buffet including eggs, waffles, cereal, yogurt, bagles, and danishes. Although there isn't room service, Pizza Man Dan will deliver delicious pizza and cake to your room. Rent the room with the hot tub in it and you will not be disappointed in your trip.

1  Thank Kayla G
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Hey Kayla G!
Well thank you for your great review. We love hearing from our guests and we truly look forward to all feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed our Jacuzzi Suite, and Pizza Man Dan's!! They have some yummy pizza and being so close to downtown you are literally steps away from so many great places to dine and such a variety! We appreciate you, and your business and we look forward to seeing you again. =)

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This hotel is very conveniently located and the staff is superb. The hotel is currently undergoing renovation but that does not affect the quality of the stay at all. It is an older property that is being updated very nicely.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

DUEmperor-
Yes indeed we are updating something's around here and we are excited! We really thank you for your review and we hope you will be back to visit us again so that you can see what's new!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The room rate was very good. But be aware, Amtrack runs just behind the hotel. Fortunately, the trains did not run during the night and we slept well. The hotel has a nice looking large pool, but we had no time to try it.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Coen W-
Oh that pesky train! Yes the railroad was here long before us but it actually doesn't bother most and the rooms close to the railroad are some of our most popular because of the ocean view. I am truly sorry if it disturbed you. Next time ask us to put you away from the back and we sure will do our best to find you somewhere closer to the front and quiet. =) Thank you again for your review. You are appreciated!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel was definitely not worth $100/night. You'll get your sleep. You'll have a heater. You'll get your breakfast. But you may not get your hot shower. When I turned on the water, it was warm. After a few minutes, it became cold and never became hot again. I wasn't able to complain to the front desk at the time because I was wet, freezing, and had to be somewhere within an hour. The next morning I mentioned it when I checked out. I was offered an apology but not a discount which I would have liked. Then why am I paying all this money in the first place? When I ate breakfast, there were so few tables that I couldn't find a free one. Two creepy men offered me to sit at their table. Gross! Country Inn and Suites was cheaper, safer, and way better.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Angela M-
Let me begin by giving you my sincerest apologies regarding the hot water. If we are made aware of these things at check out and not at time of issue, we have no chance to make them right. And you being happy, comfortable and satisfied is important to us. All though we work hard and do our best to make sure you have a nice stay and everything is in working order, these things may happen from time to time and chances are we will have a solution right away! We do appreciate you and your review and we hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My mother and I recently spent 2 weeks driving the California coast from San Francisco to Los Angeles and back. When preparing for this trip I spent many hours on this site reviewing accommodations knowing that tripadvisor never steers me wrong.

A couple of points about Best Western Plus Inn of Ventura:

Booking: Booked online; no issue; room was as requested.

Check-in/Check out: We checked in approx 1 hour before check-in. Room was ready; staff member who checked us in was very nice and patient with all of our questions. Check-out was quick as well.

Parking: We were able to park in front of our room; parking was free.

Breakfast: Breakfast was included and served off the lobby; indoor and outdoor seating. Nice variety available.

Rooms: Room was okay. I wasn't blown away by it but I can't put my finger on why. It was large, clean, beds were somewhat comfortable.

Miscellaneous: We were happy that they had laundry facilities available. Also, the guest using the laundry is the only one who has the key so you don't have to worry about stuff going missing. We had detergent and softener but if you forget they have it in their vending machine.

Overall, this place worked because we were trying to balance our budget out. Not sure if I would stay here again but my mother was very happy with the accommodations.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nml1971

nml1971-
Without our guest feedback we would be blind to your experiences and wouldn't have a clue what we were doing well and what we could use work on. So I thank you for your feedback. It means the world to us! I hope that if you are ever in the area you will give us another opportunity to welcome you!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel is in an older area of Ventura but the rooms have been wonderfully updated and beds are very comfortable. Our room view was of the Ventura pier and was within walking distance to it. The breakfast was nicer than most with outdoor sheeting.

Room Tip: West, second story rooms have a great new of the pier.