Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Rodeway Inn(Ventura)
View Hotel
All reviewsbest westernstrain tracksmain streetyogurtwalking distancethe breakfast areanice pooldefinitely stay here againconvenient locationbed was very comfortablerestaurants and shopstwo blockscontinental breakfastshort walk to the beachcoffee makersanta barbaraclose to downtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Overview:
Most of the time Best Western has been about 3rd on my list of hotels I book at; simply because they've tended to be good but not great. I was pleasantly surprised by my stay at the one in Ventura. On the outside it looks like a regular motel but the rooms are updated and have an excellent hotel feel to them.

Location:
While this hotel isn't on the beach like the Crown Plaza, it is right next to it. The pedestrian walkway to the pier is right next out the back of the hotel and you are also very close to downtown Ventura.

My Stay:
Only thing I can complain about was that it was pretty easy to hear my neighbors but I'm a heavy sleeper so this was not a problem for me. Otherwise the bed was comfortable, room was spacious & well equipped, bathroom wasn't cramped, internet was fast and easy to connect to (login process wasn't painful), and the staff were friendly and helpful. (Didn't use the pool but it looked clean). Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Gary L-
Thank you! It’s great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with our location. We certainly hope that we will be your first choice next time you are in the Ventura area!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Every one is friendly there, great breakfast, rooms are clean, and the beds are comfortable. If you need the Internet forget it unless you can use one of theirs in the breakfast area. Said something to the owner about it, and he brought back his cell phone to show me the wifi worked! Asked other guests, and they ALL said the same thing. Funny, my laptop worked at all the other hotels we stayed at while on vacation here. It appears that they do read the posts here, and as long as they fix the wifi or it doesn't matter to you, I'd certainly stay here anytime.

• Stayed: June 2013
Inn_of_Ventura, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Chris M-
We apologize for the inconvenience and that we could not figure out the reason why it would not work on your specific devices but picked up just fine on both an iphone and my personal laptop. We hope you return soon to enjoy the rest of the amenities we have to offer. Hopefully by talking to a few of our service provider's technicians, we can figure out ways to troubleshoot the problems you encountered with the internet by your next visit.
Thank you, Carlos.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This motel is a better than average Best Western, within walking distance (3 blocks) of downtown Ventura; and tke same distance from a very clean, well kept beach. Staff idisplays good professional demeanor, is friendly and helpful. Accommodations are clean and organized. Received immediate and professional on all minor requests for assistance.

Have stayed here approximately 6 times in 2013.

Room Tip: One lower room has a hot tub inside. All rooms are quiet for sleeping except #119 which has noise from numerous amtrak and freight trains.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Miles H-
I cant tell you enough how much we appreciate your loyalty. It means so much to us that you choose us when you are in Ventura. We really enjoyed reading your review and we definitely appreciate the feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were in town for a half marathon. When we checked in, they asked if we were there for the race. They let us know that they were putting out breakfast at 3am for the runners. And they gave a complimentary late checkout despite it being a holiday weekend. All of this without our even asking! Post-race, I needed quick bit of food before meeting friends for lunch and they graciously provided some free.

We stayed in one of the rooms at the back, which I guess people say are the rooms to avoid b/c of the train. We did hear the train during the day, but it wasn't any different from typical city background sounds.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

dntla-
Thank you for your gracious review. It is wonderful to hear about your stay. We know its important to get your nourishment, and especially before a marathon! So we tried to be accommodating. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here May 17-23 2013. It was our first time to Ventura and it is always scary booking a hotel you have no idea about. This hotel was excellent. The location was perfect, easy walk to the beach and Pier. Restaurants were within easy walking distance as well as to Main street. We did park behind The Habit and walk to main street most of the time, but the walk to Main street could be done. The rooms were clean & comfortable. The shower was a little small for shaving in.There is a train that is right behind the hotel, it did not bother me, but if you are a light sleeper it could be. The free breakfast was amazing. So much to choose from, eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal, toast, yogurt, bagels, philly cream cheese, waffles,fruit, pastries. Our wi-fi never worked, that was frustrating for my 3 teenagers, (and I am not going to lie, for my husband and myself as well.) But other than that, the stay was great. We will stay here again, and hopefully soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

jewals-
We appreciate the time you took to leave us a review. It can be a little nerve racking booking with a hotel you have never been to, not knowing what to expect. That's why TripAdvisor is so awesome! We love hearing from our guests and always love hearing how were doing. It was such a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again!