Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura
Average 3/5
  • Breakfast included
Rodeway Inn(Ventura)
View Hotel
All reviewsbest westernstrain tracksmain streetyogurtwalking distancethe breakfast areanice pooldefinitely stay here againconvenient locationbed was very comfortablerestaurants and shopstwo blockscontinental breakfastshort walk to the beachcoffee makersanta barbaraclose to downtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed at this Best Western for our visit to the Channel Islands National Park with Island Packers. It's not the closest hotel to the marina, but the price is good. Our room was about average size, newly renovated with all new carpeting and furniture. It appears that several of the rooms are still being worked on but we didn't encounter any construction problems during our stay since we were out early and back late in the afternoon. The hotel is right next to train tracks and we heard the train (and whistle) during the day, but not at night. The room was very nice with a work area, flat screen TV, MW, fridge, coffeemaker, iron/board, hairdryer and good wi-fi. It took a while to get the hot water to the room, but once there it was fine. Parking was a bit tight, but there were enough spaces when we were there. Breakfast starts at 7am. The breakfast area was a good size with scrambled eggs, sausage links, potatoes, yogurt, cereal, DIY waffles, and fruit. Bagels and muffins are available in the lobby area. Not a lot of fast food places in the immediate area - try Pizzaman Dan's for a good calzone. They also deliver.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snapngo
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

snapngo-
Thank you for your review. Im glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our renovation dd not hinder you while with us. It will be finishd this week & we are excited and anxious! Im pleased to hear you found our location convienent as well as enjoyed our breakfast. We serve Mon-Fri 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM for our guets who are getting a head start on the day and on the weekends 7 AM to 10 AM. We appreciate your time in writting us a review and hope next time you are in Ventura you will allow us to welcome you again

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice, a few months apart. In February, there was work going on at the property. I wasn't told this when I made my reservation. However, I was impressed with the upgraded room I was given. They also had a great free breakfast. This current stay, the work going on was impossible. It was noisy from 8:00 in the morning on. There were work trucks all over. It also delayed the time we could check in because of the limited rooms available. I have to credit the location to the beach. It is 2 blocks walking distance to a wonderful beach that is close to the pier. There are bicycles available to rent near the pier. Once the work is complete, I believe this will be a much better place to stay.

Room Tip: I don't believe they have upgraded the mattresses despite the upgraded room. The rooms have irons, blow dryers, microwaves and refrigerators!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Karen B

I sincerly apologize for any inconvenience during our renovation. We are improving our property but there can be some growing pains along the way. We are very thankful for the time you took to leave us a review and we truely appreciate your loyality and business. We hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Best Western Plus Inn of Ventura. We chose it because it was close to the Downtown, the Buenaventura Mission and the beach. The price was great and the rooms were beautiful. It even included a free full breakfast. It was perfect for a family. The staff was tremendous. They were polite and ready to help. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Debbie-
From the whole staff we thank you for your kind review, and it always makes all of us here delighted to know a guest enjoyed their stay. It is a reassurance we are doing our job! We hope that in the future you will stay with us again when in Ventura.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked a room for one night at this hotel with Best Western Reservations. I said I had a dog when I made the reservation (and already had several other pending reservations in their system clearly showing I had a dog) and was never told this hotel is not pet friendly. The woman at the front desk was obviously very busy (she told me so repeatedly) and trying to be efficient. She sent me to the Vagabond next door, who is pet friendly but also has bed bugs in their rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear SillySallySews,
We are sorry for the misunderstanding with your reservation. This is an isolated incident, as we have posted that we are a smoke-free and pet-free property across our website and booking channels so that incidents like this will not occur. We will investigate with Corporate Reservation Center to verify that they have this correct when you reach the reservation center. We are terribly sorry that we could not accommodate your pet at the property during this last visit, and that we were not able to catch it prior to your arrival.
Thank you.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

travelling North from LA I was in a huge jam but found the BW in Ventura easily. nice staff at check in event late in the evening. Had a large roome with KS-bed. Clean place but tiny place for breakfast. Overall had a good stay

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Inn_of_Ventura, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

ebdan-
Thank you for your review. So great to hear you found the hotel with ease and enjoyed your stay. We are in the beginning process of making some changes in the future to the breakfast area as far as space and functionality. We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback, and hope to see you again!