Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura
$204
$192
  • Beachfront
Comfort Inn Ventura Beach(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$118
$98
$134
$119
  • Pool
Ventura Beach Marriott(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$184
$84
$81
$167
$79
All reviewsbest westernstrain tracksmain streetyogurtwalking distancethe breakfast areanice pooldefinitely stay here againconvenient locationbed was very comfortablerestaurants and shopstwo blockscontinental breakfastshort walk to the beachcoffee makersanta barbaraclose to downtown
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed two nights in Ventura nice rooms comfy beds awesome showers. Breakfast a bit skimpy but overall okay. Close to the beach and downtown. Lots of pillows and nice sheets. Good experience with no adverse problems. Pool was heated and the did have a spa. Kind of an older hotel but in good shape.

Room Tip: Bottom rooms you can park in front
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
05360, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

We appreciate your review, and are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were travelling down Southern California on our way back to LAX and return to London. we were looking for somewhere near to the airport to prevent rushing the next day and happened upon this Hotel, we chose it because of the Best Western band hopin it would be ok.

Check in was a breeze without problems and our room was one of the best we had encountered on our trip, it was huge with slim line TV, microwave, fridge and great convenient clever sockets by each light a nice touch. the room was very clean and the beds comfortable, air conditioning worked well.

The surprise was the breakfast bar. a great selection of hot and cold food together with many different breads and bagels. Carlos Cruz-Ampudia is the manager and he has developed a great product here a reasonable cost. I wrote to him congratulating him on his Hotel, he resonded immediatley and was pleased to receive my comments.

Parking is free for guests and check out was simple and quick, would I recommend it, of course will pop in next time we come to Southern California - thank you Carlos keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Try for one on the ground floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We are sincerly grateful for your time, and are so pleased you found us! On behalf of the whole staff here at Best Western Plus Inn of Ventura we thank you for your feedback. Your review is valued because with it, it allows us to continue doing what makes our guests happy and work on the things that can be improved. We hope that we will see you again. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I always lock my valuables up when I stay in a hotel, but forgot to put my rings back on and left them on the table. They were right where I left them when I came home. Very honest people here, Laura and Alicia! We have enjoyed the room and the train whistle doesn't bother us because it either stops during sleeping time, or we are just heavy sleepers. Breakfast is nice too. Can't beat the price. Ruben was most helpful too! Thank you Best Western!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if you are old geezers like us.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
05360, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Very appreciative of the time you took to leave us a review. With your input it allows us to continue to provide our guests with an enjoyable stay and if we fail to miss something helps us to find a resolve and make things better for the future. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The room was beautiful, the bed very comfortable, and it was a small walk to the beach and pier. Then at 2am we were awakened by a train whistle and rumbling outside our back window. The tracks are RIGHT BEHIND the hotel. Scared us a little, now we laugh at it. Nice hotel for the low price. The breakfast in the lobby was really good - much more than the usual coffee and donuts. The check in lady was a litle grumpy; check out lady was very friendly!!

Room Tip: Room 222 is upstairs with great view of the ocean and coast, but the train is back there!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate your review. My apologies regarding the train waking you. We do try to inform our guests of the train and provide ear plugs for light sleepers. We hope that in the future you will allow us to welcome you again and well put you in a room near the front away from tracks at your request

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was travelling through and booked my stay here via Priceline. The room was clean and it was a great having a pool and hot tub especially after riding a bike all day. The service was fantastic. They were very friendly and extremely accomodating. The staff recommended several places within walking distance to have dinner. The included breakfast was a little better than most in its class.

The only downside is that the train tracks run right behind the hotel. I wasn't pleased about being woken up at 2:27AM by a locamotive's horn and the sunsequent shaking and roar that accompanied it. I'm not saying that I wouldn't stay there, but as a full paying guest, it's something I would like to have brought to my attention before deciding whether or not to book there. Be careful too as most hotels/motels appear to be in close proximity of the tracks as well.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and extending some feedback on your recent stay. The railroad is part of our life in this area just like many businesses and residences near by. This is why we try our best to inform guests of the train and offer ear plugs if needed. Rooms at the front of the hotel are quieter. Everyone is different and the train does not bother some guest's. I am truly sorry that you were not informed about the train and will speak to my staff to remind them bring this to everyone of our guest's attention. We appreciate your time, review and business and hope that we may accommodate you again in the future. Next time you make a reservation with us, request a room away from train track and well put you somewhere as quiet as we can!