“I hope they fix it up”

Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. Being that it was July, there were not a lot of well priced options. The hotel overall is dated and needs a rehab. The room was worn, but it was clean. It also had outdoor hallways, which surprised me.There was a coffee maker and refrigerator in the room. They have an onsite restaurant and bar. I ordered a room service breakfast one morning and it came quickly and was very good. I had a nice view of the harbor and the room had a large deck with two chairs and a table to enjoy the view. Overall the hotel is in a nice location with great views and the staff was helpful and friendly. The negative is that the entire place is dated and worn and needs remodeling. It was also quite noisy. I could hear people in the next room, in the halls and in the room above me, but again, remodeling could help that. I hope they do it. If they did, it would probably be top rated. The location is great and the service was quite good.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank LTnLV
James B, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Ltinvanlv: Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you found our staff and service great! Our renovation is an ongoing process and I hope you will notice many property enhancements on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was in Ventura overnight for a work trip and had a very pleasant stay at the Four Points by Sheraton at Ventura Harbour. I had a beautiful view of the harbour from my room (with balcony). The room was large and nicely furnished, the bed (king) was comfortable, and the bathroom was modern and clean. The staff were very nice and I had very nice meals in the hotel restaurant (Alexanders). The only possible issue was that breakfast wasn't included in my stay at the hotel and the food at Alexanders was quite expensive (it was a work trip so this wasn't a problem for me, but it would have been if it was a personal trip).

I'd definitely recommend the hotel to others staying in the area!

Room Tip: The harbour view room is lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
James B, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2014

Dear CaseyMac81,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. We're glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Harbor soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I've written a review to the hotel because their staff were friendly but had no local knowledge to share didn't even know where the water came from? ,I asked about the local farming again no idea although they thought it was interesting ... I believe that front desk staff need to be educated in a variety of local interest points. I then asked for a guide to hotels they may be affiliated with and a recommendation somewhere near Carmel or Monterey, and was told to,check the internet, as they didn't know. How to check the internet was explained to me carefully though which made me wonder if my hair had turned grey!!
It was also noisy floors paper thin and we had a galloper right above!
Breakfast was included but it was cold on arrival, staff were a little indifferent

Room Tip: Need to find something on top floor so you don't have people walking above
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Poinciana54

Dear Poinciana54,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. We are happy you enjoyed your visit with us, however we are sorry your breakfast wasn't up to temperature. We have started a new program to enable our front office agents a chance to learn and be more engaged so THANK YOU....

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Found a very good rate for a room here online, and greatly enjoyed our stay. Our room was well-appointed, clean and comfortable. In spite of the hotel being sold-out that weekend, it seemed very quiet. We had a marina view, which was lovely.

My only complaint is that the jets in the jacuzzi were not working.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Quitodancer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and I am pleased to let you know that the Jacuzzi jets are back up and running and ready for your next visit with us.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

In a last minute decision to go out to The Channel Islands National Park, I came across this wonderful resort. Yes it had the same amenities as most resorts, hot tub, tennis, etc., but what really made it wonderful was the amazing staff. Especially Sarah at the front desk. Kind, courteous, and extremely helpful. She and others helped make our short stay fun. Our view over looked the Marina and was only a short drive/walk (maybe a mile) to Island Packer's the transportation company over to the Islands. A free shuttle made access into town very convenient too. I plan on staying at this hotel every time I return to Ventura.

Room Tip: Marina views are beautiful...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank vail38

Dear Vail38, Thank you for your kind words.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Right off the 101 with a view of the harbor and a balcony it's a cool little place. I am a starwoods gold member and this is the closest hotel to Santa Barbara that starwoods family has. It's not anything fancy the rooms look a bit old but the hotel does the job and the fridge is a good thing to have. Nice bar downstairs it does the job for a night or two.

Room Tip: starwoods gold and plat. get 3rd floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear 316Gimmickst, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments online.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The manager is obnoxious and rude, the hotel is noisy and the staff couldn't care less about making you feel valued. This place is a joke. Motel 6 is a better value. But, if you're looking for a place to party or die, this might be your place.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Fitnessbychoice22

Dear Fitnessbychoice22: Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. My sincere apologies to you for any shortcomings you have encountered during your recent visit with us.

I would love to personally learn specifics so we can correct them in the future.