The Sheraton Ventura Harbor is in an extremely relaxing, beautiful location. The Ventura Harbor Village shops and restaurants are a relaxing walk away. The grounds of the hotel have a pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and bicycles to rent. Boats and kayaks are available for rent at the Harbor Village. There is a beach near the Harbor Village. Other restaurants, shops, and the downtown area are a bit of drive. The staff was friendly. The rooms are recently updated and clean. Being near the harbor the hotel does have some humidity issues.
Now to the quirks that need tweaking.
We were checking in and the clerk asked us if we wanted the "green" option for our room. She explained that the green option was where our room would not be cleaned or restocked unless we specifically asked for housekeeping or items we needed. My husband and I looked at each other in disbelief and almost started laughing at the absurdity. My thoughts were "Have they got a deal for us (sarcasm)" and "Are we staying at a youth hostel?" I found the "green" option pretty tacky. Don't try to sell me on a "green" option which is actually the hotel trying to cut the bottom line. I am perfectly capable of leaving the towels I don't need washed hanging on the racks and putting the "please change the sheets" sign on the bed. Do not expect me to have to call for housekeeping service or restock of shampoo and soap.
The parking. A major complaint from patrons as I see from the reviews. We paid $10 a day for parking. We are not talking a motel in the center of Manhattan or Tokyo where parking space real estate goes for premium prices. The clincher was when we came back to the hotel in the evening and there were no spaces because of a "Business Expo" being held at the hotel. We had to park quite a ways away from the hotel. As we crossed the parking lot I noticed none of the cars had a "parking permit" on their dash indicating they had not paid the $10 fee. We stopped at the front desk to complain about no parking. The clerk apologized and said they had an event at the hotel hence the lack of parking. So, I asked, why don't any of the cars attending said event have a parking permit. Her response was, "Well they aren't staying at the hotel." My immediate response (and I admit it was sarcastic) was, again, "Have we got a deal for you." They did credit our parking for the day.
I won't say that we will never stay here again as it is a gorgeous location with the relaxing harbor but we will look at other options after the "Have we got a deal for you" incidents.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only hotel on the Ventura Harbor, the Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor is nestled on 17 acres of prime coastal land along California's Gold Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Ventura Harbor
- Four Points By Sheraton Ventura Harbor Hotel Ventura
- Four Points Ventura Harbor
- Ventura Four Points