Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor
$212
$203
CrownePlaza.com
  • Beachfront
Ventura Beach Marriott(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$246
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$140
$83
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $95/night.

Comfort Inn Ventura Beach(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$140
$118
$162
$153
  • Breakfast included
$89
$86
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

$210
$184
Amanzi Hotel(Ventura)
$98
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

$159
All reviewstennis courtsventura harborhot tubparking feeroom serviceoverlooking the marinanice groundsthe channel islands national parksmall balconyour room was spaciousshort drivenice stayfitness centerlaxcoastbalconiesproximity
Reviewed April 2, 2013

1st: Although the bed was comfortable, the room's physical condition was shabby (see photos): the tiles were coming off the wall, the bathroom light had gaps around it in the ceiling, the wallpaper was coming off in several places, there was paint & wallpaper glue all over the frame of the sliding glass door.

2nd: Garden view (see photos)? Um, just a view of the bushes across the front of the patio.

3rd: Amenities (see photos)? 1 bottle of water for 2 adult guests, two awful teabags, Coffeemate. I had to ask for more water & there was a hesitancy before they agreed to give us more.

4th: The restaurant prices are very expensive. Room service charges not only a $3.00 delivery charge but an 18% gratuity on top of that! So a $2.50 glass of milk is over $6.00.

5th: Staff (My experience for 5 different stays); Restaurant staff are really the BEST, always kind & more than helpful, HOWEVER the Front desk staff talk down to people in a forced & phony honey laden voice, and are the Rudest ever.... The managers are also Rude, uncaring & uncompromising so this is obviously a trickle down effect!

6th: THEY CHARGE $10 Per Night for PARKING! There is no lack of spaces, there is no key controlled entry or exit (so if you lie, you get free parking)! The young gal @ the Front Desk said to my query: "Well its there with the directions & maps"... Since I don't need directions or a map, I missed that or I would have parked on the street! But the Morning Front Desk gal removed the fee.

7th: Your "SPG" point expire every 18 months? So why have them? They had no record of any of my 5 stays....

8th: I submitted my review (sans bad words) and it was rejected: "A reference to a hotel other than the one being reviewed – this may include other Starwood-branded hotels locally or globally." I stated: "I originally came here for two conferences".....

Bottom Line? Don't bother to waste your money.....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Auntie-Nanuuq,
Thank you reviewing our property after your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations for comfort or for service. Our staff wants to be the best example of customer service and we do appreciate your concerns. We are always upgrading and maintaining our property so that we can assure guest comfort. I am sorry that your previous stays were not found. During conferences the rooms are registered to a primary member of the group in each room, and then roommates. Always make sure that the room is registered to you so that you can claim the SPG Benefit and history. As a frequent guest to our hotel, it is especially unhappy to learn you were dissatified. I hope you continue to love to travel and have many enjoyable stays. Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

In a few experiencies of the L A area, I have to accept that rundown is the norm. The only "upgrade" to this property is the great staff. Located between town and the harbor(niether close), this is a high priced stay for the area. If you dont mind plugging in every appliance, light, and outlet, these are large and clean rooms. However, the latest upgrade was, I guess, 1980. I think this property exist by the Sheraton name only.

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn next door. It is less $, closer to the harbor, and more modern.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear pat c,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at our property. I was very sorry that we did not meet your expectations for your comfort. We did do a complete renovation in 2008, and are continually upgrading. If you are ever in our area again, please let me know. We would do our best to make it up to you. Happy Traveling, Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've stayed at the Four Points Ventura several times while traveling for business. The hotel itself is basic, nothing very fancy, consistent with its pricing. Rooms are nice size but without frills. Bath/shower are fiberglass inserts, common for midline hotels, TV isn't terribly large, etc. With that said, the rooms are extremely well taken care of -- very clean, well stocked and everything works. Wifi hooks up easily and is fast. Bedsheets and towels are all high grade. The location is very nice, just on the north end of Ventura and adjacent to the harbor. Fresh air and nice views.

What really stands out is the staff. The front desk folks are extremely friendly, joke around a bit, and get things quickly set up. Once in the room, you get a follow up phone call to make sure everything is the way you want it. You never get those blank stares or pauses as though the staff are tired of dealing with the public. Just the opposite -- they seem to take great pride in their property and want to make for an excellent experience. This even extends to the housekeeping service. Clean up is fast, and everything is replenished. Quick example: there's a selection of teas at the in room coffee maker. One night I brewed a specific kind of tea. The next day the housekeepers replenished the tea, and added extra bags of the particular tea I used. Now that's attention to detail! The manager of this hotel could run a clinic teaching other hotels how to treat their customers. Seriously.

Anyway, when traveling through Ventura, I will never hesitate to stay here. Very pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear gmansc,
Thank you from our staff for your review of our property. We do care about our guests and the service we can provide to the many wonderful travelers who stay with us. It is very special to know that you noticed the extra touches. Thank you, of course, for your full review. All your comments were important to us. Happy Traveling. Come see us soon. Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I can't comment on price - I am a rewards member and booked this hotel on points.

We were very happy with the accommodations and the staff at this hotel. Our room faced the marina (over a couple parking lots) and was clean and spacious. Our king bed was comfortable and well appointed. The bathroom was refreshed, clean and had all the supplies we could want.

This size room is definitely big enough for a couple or a couple with a small child.
It is close to the marina and a few miles from the pier and downtown Ventura. We quite enjoyed walking along the strand in the mornings - there is parking at the pier for $2 or if you can find parking off pierpont (residential area) and it is about a mile walk to the pier - a lovely park is right there too.

This hotel is a bit older - not sure how it qualifies as a resort - but it does have a pool and a small gym. All in all this is a fine place to rest your head for a couple of days and the staff is friendly!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ErikaLosAngeles,
Thank you for taking the time to give our property such a thoughtful review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. We follow all our reviews and try to listen carefully to our guests. We think of our guests as family and appreciate it when a guest shares their stay. Happy Traveling, Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Beautiful Hotel, e and not pricey at all. Excellent service, wonderful amenities but did not know about the parking fee. Kinda should be in the booking fees. The breakfast was yummy. Close to Harbor Village and a very knowledgeable staff who had some really good suggestions. Loved the balconey, the Hot Tub and the wonderfully manicured grounds

Room Tip: Cant speak for any room but our own. It was superb!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SybilleW
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear SybilleW,
Thank you for your great review after your 'Girl's Weekend'. You have a wonderful way of expressing yourself. I could feel your appreciation of your special weekend. I hope you have many more with many more terrific memories. Don't forget to take pictures! Happy Vacations!