1. The location of this property is excellent. The grounds are also quite beautiful so my wife and I enjoyed several long walks during our stay which we enjoyed tremendously.
2. Our experience at the restaurant was awful. I stopped by and looked at the menu and found only 1 vegetarian option (a pizza.) I asked if they had any other options and the guy didn't even look me in the eye while he said no. It was weird. He looked off into the distance and said they didn't have anything else they could make for us. I stay at a lot of hotels (+/-50 nights/year) and they always, always offer to make something. This place didn't even pretend to care or try.
3. Put this one in the "wah" category, but I'm SPG Platinum and supposed to get upgrades to suites when available. Well they were available (I checked the booking engine) and we didn't get a suite or even an upgraded room. This is one of my biggest peeves about some SPG properties and I do not go back to the ones who do this.
4. Staff was OK. They were willing to help when asked, but did not seem eager to be friendly or helpful.
5. The A/C in our room was awful. It would run for 30 seconds (no exaggeration) and then turn off for perhaps 30-60 minutes before coming on again for another 30 seconds. It was hot when we were there and my wife, daughter and I were all quite hot. We did not sleep well. When we checked out they apologized and removed the parking charges from our bill because of the A/C problem.
6. The continental breakfast they served us was sad. The pastries/croissants were stale. They seemed to be frozen and thawed out....maybe more than once? My wife is easy going and will eat pretty much anything if she's hungry, and even she pushed the plate away. The fruit was fresh at least.
Between the restaurant caring 0% about accommodating a very common request, the lack of upgrades when they were available, and the lackluster attitude of the desk staff, I will probably not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only hotel on the Ventura Harbor, the Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor is nestled on 17 acres of prime coastal land along California's Gold Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Ventura Harbor
- Four Points By Sheraton Ventura Harbor Hotel Ventura
- Four Points Ventura Harbor
- Ventura Four Points