“Good location and great for a one night stop over”

Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stumbled into the Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbour after driving down from Monterey Bay earlier that day. We were hoping to make it into LA, but it was getting late and we decided to pull off the 101 and find somewhere to stay instead, rather than press on.

As we just turned up we were unsure of availability, so checked at the front desk where we were given a choice of rooms and floors. We ended going for the 3rd floor to have a bit of a better view over the harbour, not that we could see much in the dark and fog. The room itself was clean spacious and is what you expect from a Four points. The bathroom was spotless. We only stayed for one night as we were heading onto Vegas the next day, so can’t comment about any of the facilities as we didn’t use them, due to an late night and early start.

The Hotel staff were friendly and gave us a couple of recommendations of where to go for dinner, which was good, as we had no idea of the area. They even printed off a map for us, so we had a better understanding of where we were.

The only downside is that you are charged $10.00 per day for your car, we couldn’t quite understand this, as the car park was fairly big and not even a quarter full, and couldn’t really see any other way to get to the hotel.

All in all though it is what you expect from a Four Points, clean and large rooms.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mal07
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Mal07,
Thank you for your review of our property. We welcome many travelers, just like yourselves, who are on their way to a distant place. As a long time traveler myself, I know how nice it is to have maps and directions, suggestions on shopping and restaurants, all available from the Front Desk. I makes you feel less a stranger. We hope you had a great trip. Happy Traveling, Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Traveled to Ventura, CA in July. Made reservations at the Sheraton 4 Points Ventura, had a great stay. The staff was wonderful and could not have done any more for me and my family. At one point 22 of us met in the lobby, and they offered more chairs and drinks service. The pool is lovely in a beautiful garden setting. The view of the marina each morning was breath taking as well as the strawberry fields all around. We walked to the shops and restaurants on the waterfront and we could have rented bikes at the hotel also. Our room was spacious, there were 4 of us in the room and we were comfortable in the two queen beds. The room was clean and we would stay there again anytime.

Room Tip: Ask for one with balcony overlooking the marina, or one close to the pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EEChris77

Dear EEChris77,
Thank you for letting us know how well we did in making your stay pleasant. It is always so nice to hear. The staff really does like to hear they did a good job of making a guest at home. We do have amble rooms and some good views. Here's to many happy vacations. Come and see us again. Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at this property for a little family weekend away. I was a nice property, clean, and friendly staff. Very close to the Harbor village which was nice. My only real disappointment about this trip was not really the hotels fault but I was in the pool area with my husband and 3 year old daughter. After an hour or so of swimming we were about to head to the room and get ready for dinner. As we were heading to the room we decided to stop at the jacuzzi and enjoy the warm water for a minute. A few minutes after we got in a man came in with a little ice chest FULL OF BEER!! I'm pretty sure alcohol is not allowed in areas like that but I could be mistaken. Anyways after about 5 minutes of my family and the man being in the jacuzzi, in a not so polite manner the man told us that children should not be allowed in the jacuzzi area. Which of course upset my husband and myself because my daughter was not even being bad she was sitting in my lap relaxing in the warm water. In order to avoid a confrontation we packed up our things and left, but that whole thing kind of ruined our experience. Again this is not something that was the hotels fault but maybe the hotel should keep a closer eye on their pool and spa areas to prevent drunk rude men from making other guest uncomfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Catherine S, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Stephanie S,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our property. I am sorry your family was unable to enjoy your time together. Family time is so important. We do patrol our open spaces and do not allow the behavior you described. Notify the Front Desk anytime you encounter that kind of behavior at any hotel. Please let me know if you come to visit us again. Happy Traveling.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I admit to being a bit spoiled... my husband is platinum (or whatever the highest membership is called), so when we travel with him, we are used to great upgrades and superior service. I'm a bit disheartened with Four Points... it's a decent hotel; clean and normally appointed. While it's on the water, it's sort of in the middle of nowhere and when we asked where to go, were directed to the harbor area which is dull and vanilla. We had no idea Ventura had such a cool little downtown till we passed through on our way back down the coast... I wish we had been advised better. I had promise my kids the breakfast buffet (they love a hotel buffet??), which the hotel info book claimed to have, but it wasn't available. We ate off the menu in the empty restaurant (on a Thursday), and I sent my food back because the cheese tasted moldy. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and that is the most important thing. But unless you are just wanting a place to lay your head, I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Dexter'smomma,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry you were not 100% satisfied with your stay with us. We value our SPG members and try to make their stay a comfortable one. Our Front Desk acts as concierge and is very versed in our area as well as Ojai and Santa Barbara. We try to share with our guests so we know their preferences as well. We are a beach getaway and as such a quieter easy going area. We have maps of the downtown, menus of restaurants and of the Harbor Village. We make reservations, find local interest and search for whatever the guests interests are. I am sorry we did not know you wanted to know more about our city local but very happy you did discover it and enjoy yourselves. We have discussed your comments and how we failed to share. I hope you have many happy adventures.
Catherine Stevens, Guest Services Manager, Four Points by Sherston Ventura Harbor Resort

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked into this hotel because I had a seminar in Santa Barbara and all the rates were insanely high. This is a nice, clean moderatley priced hotel. The location is good, close to the Harbor and restaurants. The decor was fine, the rooms had recently been renovated. Standard Sheraton decor, fresh and clean. The hotel itself is an old lady, with a new dress. The grounds are not very nice and the accommodations are lack luster. It is a good value and I would rather spend my money here than a place with comparable rates and even lesser amenities. For me clean, fresh and recently renovated are key words. The staff was very nice and having booked the AAA plan with breakfast, it was a great deal.

Room Tip: Maybe a harbor view would be better. We had a view of a parking lot at the back of the hotel.If you...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
James B, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2014

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I booked with this hotel because I wanted to take a day hike on Santa Cruz Island in the Channel Island chain and I wanted to be close to Island Packers boat company which takes you to the islands. The hotel is about a mile from Island Packers boat company which promptly leaves at 800 am from the dock to Santa Cruz Island. The hotel is also about a mile from the National Park Center which provides a free movie on the Channel Islands, a book and souvenir shop, a mini-museum and plenty of helpful information on the Channel Islands. By booking with this hotel so close to the park center and boat dock, we limited our driving and were also close to some restaurants with good views of the harbor. We ate at Brophy's fish restaurant and shared a nice sunset view. In the morning we found some small cafes within walking distance of the boat dock.

The hotel itself was appropriate for the price. The facilities are basic, but clean and comfortable. We had a decent third floor view of the harbor but were sometimes bothered by the noisy air-conditioning condensors outside.

Room Tip: Try to get the third floor harbor view. It has nice views of the eastern end of the harbor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 29, 2012

As soon as I walked in with my family I was greeted by "Cindy" at the F/D. She helped me with all my needs and was very informative about the resort and surroundings.I enjoyed the beautiful weather and the fresh air.Being from the desert I was happy about the facility being so close to the shore and the shopping and resteruants locations being just around the corner.I will be returning many time more it will be my personal "get-away".The weekday drink specials and appetizers was an added element.The work-out area I took full advantage (could use more free weights)and the jets at the jacuzzi didn't work all the time..Overall I enjoyed every minute here. Thanks for the memories.

Room Tip: Book rooms during the week for better options.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple