This hotel is located just off the beach in Ventura, CA. It is also across the street from major agricultural farming -- read that smelly fertilizer and pesticides. I have stayed at this hotel twice for convention events and both times the odor that assails you when you come into the lobby is like dead fish. It is also in the hallways and can be smelled in the rooms. For this reason alone, anyone with allergies or sensitive nose should stay at another location. If it weren't for the need to be at the hotel where the conference is held every year, I would do just that myself.
I should note that I have been there in April and November. I can't speak to the air quality or odor issue at other times of the year as it depends on when they are preparing the fields and when they are spraying. However, I do believe that the hotel personnel would be honest about that if you asked before you booked, especially if you have allergies.
Second annoyance is that they charge their paying guests $12.00 per day to park their car! There is no other place you can park a car in the area, so they've got you. This is a real irritation to me about hotels these days.
That being said, the room that I stayed in was spacious, well appointed, and comfortable. The bed, pillows, and linens were very nice. They give you several different styles of pillows on each bed. Bathroom and closet area is very spacious. Flat screen TV. Free WiFi, and there are computers for guests in the main lobby. Nice view, varied from room to room, with individual patio/balconies.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the food in the restaurant is very good (we had buffet lunch daily, and the Sunday brunch). The grounds are lovely, with a very pleasant lawn and garden area with water cascade and stream running through. There are also tennis courts, spa, weight room, bicycles to peddle to the beach, and beautiful outdoor heated pool.
There are a number of restaurants near by and Main Street in renovated Old Ventura is only 15 minutes away, as is a very large mall with a Trader Joe's.
If it weren't for the odor/air quality problem and the parking fee, I would give this hotel four stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only hotel on the Ventura Harbor, the Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor is nestled on 17 acres of prime coastal land along California's Gold Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Ventura Harbor
- Four Points By Sheraton Ventura Harbor Hotel Ventura
- Four Points Ventura Harbor
- Ventura Four Points