This is about what i would expect from a 3 star hotel, but as the title of my review states, i wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.
Check in staff were friendly and because we are Starwood Prefered Guests, they did call our room to make sure everything was to our liking. Our view from the 3rd floor, unfortunately, was mostly parking lot with the marina/harbor in the background. The fact that the front door to the rooms is in an outdoor corridor makes it feel more like a motel, than a hotel.
We were on our way to a sporting event and decided to eat at the hotel's restaurant for a quick dinner before we left. The main seating area was closed due to a retirement party, so we had to eat in the bar/lounge area which really didn't have much atmosphere. I travel a lot and realize that most hotel food is overpriced, but it seemed that our bill of $57 for 2 margaritas, a cobb salad and a shrimp curry pasta, was a bit steep. (Food quality was just ok - the cobb salad was mostly iceburg, for example.)
We found the room to be clean and the decor/furnishings were very average and fine for a one night stay, but this is not a place i would want to spend much time in. I was also disappointed that the hot tub and pool are closed for the time being. It would have been nice to know this when we called to make the reservation the day before, as both of us were looking forward to a dip in the hot tub later that night and would have found another place to stay, had we known. (Funny, this same thing happened the last time we stayed at a Sheraton....)
This property really wasn't within walking distance of any of the other shops/restaurants in the area. We also noticed the state of the parking lot when we checked out - literally PILES of cigarette butts, soda and beer cans and empty bags of chips were scattered everywhere. It seemed that no one had checked on this area of the hotel in a loooong time!
Overall, friendly staff and clean, comfortable rooms but not enough to bring us back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only hotel on the Ventura Harbor, the Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor is nestled on 17 acres of prime coastal land along California's Gold Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Ventura Harbor Hotel Ventura
- 4 Points By Sheraton Ventura Harbor
- Four Points Ventura Harbor
- Ventura Four Points