“I'd find another hotel...”

La Quinta Inn Ventura
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Bakersfield, California
“I'd find another hotel...”
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I booked this room in July 2010 for a concert in August, I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights and paid almost 450.00$. By the pictures on their website the rooms looked big so I thought I was getting a good deal. The rooms were tiny and outdated. The reservation line assured me that I did not need a credit card to check into the hotel as I could just pay cash upon check out, when I got to the hotel they insisted I had to a credit card to cover the first nights pay for both rooms. After becoming highly frustrated with the smug man working the front desk the manager finally came out and told me if i paid the entire bill in cash up front he would let it slide. It took me 45 minutes to get checked into my rooms... then it wasn't even what it had been in the pictures. there were two pros- the bed was sooooooooooooooooooo comfy and the hotel is close to the freeway. I would never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
San Clemente, California
Reviewed November 25, 2010

My family and I stayed here one night while we were in town for a sporting event. The price was right, but next time we'll pay more to stay somewhere nicer. The room was average and had it's share of broken items. There was a continental "breakfast" but it was below average and there were long lines. We won't be back. I was also woken up at 4:20 am by our neighbor's alarm clock which was so clear that I thought it was mine. Very thin walls!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We attended a family event in nearby Oxnard, California and needed a pet friendly hotel. The closest hotel that met I needs was the La Quinta in Ventura, California. It is a relatively quiet hotel and easy to locate. The facility had strategically located vending machines, and the breakast was La Quinta's standard faire (waffles, fruit, yogart, hard boiled eggs, milk, juice and cereal options).

What we did not like was upon entering the room it smelled like cigarette smoke in what was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Also, there was what looked like a cigarette burn hole in the blanket. These issues were tolerable since we were only staying for one night. I don't want to judge the entire facility based on that one room.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, CA
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Great service, even better continental breakfast, rooms were clean and new finishes, pool and spa were nice and well kept

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Plainwell, Michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We have stayed in other La Quinta's that were well run and a pleasure to stay at. However, this property in Ventura, CA is old and tired. The first room we were given had a sticky bathroom floor. We asked for a clean room and were moved. The second room appeared to be clean but the door lock was brooken and you could not open the door from the inside. The third room was acceptable but still felt old and tired.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Cambridgeshire
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Stayed here for one night as first stop on the Pacific Coast Highway trip north. A very good find. Lovely huge clean room that was well equipped (but sadly no fridge). Good friendly and helpful staff. Very fast free wifi access. Comfy bed. Pretty good standard overall. They even had a pay-tv movie channel - but hugely expensive !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Vernon,TX
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Worked great for us,rooms were clean and comfy.Internet was good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family