“Steer clear of this accommodation!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Ventura

La Quinta Inn Ventura
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Ventura
Zurich, Switzerland
“Steer clear of this accommodation!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

The first room they gave us was already occupied by another guest! We literally walked in in somebody's room! When we went back to the reception desk, they gave us the key to another room... which was not cleaned yet (and that was around 6 pm when we were checking in! They finally managed to find us a room, but it was disgusting. There was hair in the sink, on the toilet and on the bed sheets. The carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed for a year!!! There were ants in the bathroom (and who knows where else, the room is quite dark, maybe thank god to that because otherwise if there had been more disgusting things I would have rather slept in the car). Thank god we needed only a 1 night stay. We left as early as possible. This hotel is in a really bad shape and unclean. Not worth even a half of what they are asking!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I wrote a one-star review of this hotel on Yelp in Sept 2013. I visit Ventura often and I need a hotel that accepts dogs (with no deposit) and with grassy areas. Microwave and fridge are also must haves. I decided to give this hotel another shot before looking for another place to stay. On my reservation, I specified that I needed a first-floor room as I have a 3-legged dog and they accommodated that with no problem. Parking was awesome this visit but that is something I know they can't control (first come first served type of thing). My room was no where near as filthy as the last visit, which was a huge relief! Though I was right by the ice and sodas machines and the pool area, my stay was very quiet! I'm glad I gave them a second chance and I will come back. Front desk staff, Alexis, Tyler and Marisa were very friendly and cheery.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank MissBowtie
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed here for almost a week. Good location at Victoria Ave and Hwy 101. This is an older hotel and ranks average overall but within the La Quinta world it is probably closer to poor. Mattress was comfortable like all the La Quinta mattresses but the washroom let the facility down. For example: heavy scale build up behind sink taps, loose toilet seat, no stopper in tub but tub was old, could not redirect shower head spray using two hands, mirror was beyond its "best before date". The rest of the room was fine. Staff were wonderful: check-in friendly and accurate, never ran out of an item at breakfast, room cleaning was great - given what the person had to work with. I ran into another La Quinta like this in Santa Fe, NM. Two in over 50 nights staying at La Quinta is not that bad but I think La Quinta can do better.
Pet area was good and a person cleaned up what guests could not be bothered to pick up. Yes, there are those type of pet owners still alive.

Room Tip: Quite rooms looking onto the swimming pool and hot tub.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

All around great paved to stay. Quiet, clean, attentive staff, and complimentary breakfast is always been available around 5:15am-ish and later. Great for people who want to be on the road early or there on business ect ect I always enjoy staying when I come to work and stay here for weeks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

After the hectic Christmas rush, my wife and I needed to escape and regroup. The location in the Ventura/Oxnard area was perfect and the hotel staff were nothing but friendly and helpful. The desk staffwere very pleasant and helpful suggesting a great restaurant at the marina. Even though the hotel seemed fully booked it was quiet and the beds were very comfortable. The thing that really helped with our decision was that fact that we could bring our dog. There were quite a few fellow travelers with dogs and the areas available for our dogs were stocked with potty bags and very well maintained.
My wife an I love to get away on short trips when we have time off together and we will be back for more "escapes".

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

3 Thank jrny69
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I'm writing this from our room. Stayed here December 30th 2013- January 1st 2014. Bed was comfortable, except both beds in the room had a huge dip in the middle (assuming from people sitting on the bed). The walls had some stains on them but wasn't anything too bad. There were a few ants in the shower and the shower fixtures definitely need an update. The sink was very slow draining. I usually stay at motel 6 on Johnson and this was much better. Was very quiet the whole night. Was very surprised that at midnight on new years eve I heard silence. The only problem we had was I had unplugged the lights by the bed to plug in my cell phone charger. This morning when I went to plug the lights back in the outlet popped and a few sparks hit the floor and my hand was covered in black/silver residue that was very hard to wash off. We will report this when we check out. Next time I decide to visit ventura I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Dawn T
phoenix
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

its RARE for me to find a comfy bed.This had one. There was a bum sleeping in a chaise lounge by the pool, a little disconcerting, but the room was decent. One biggie was stepping out of the shower to the floor, the floor is much further DOWN than one would think. Makes for an interesting landing. Would hurt someone with bad knees.
Have to go in elevator to outdoor walkway to room. Place is old, but it was clean and had the ONLY comfy bed for the whole 8 day trip.
No motel/hotel has a decent breakfast anymore it seems.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business