“Nice Stopover Motel”

Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice Stopover Motel”
Reviewed February 27, 2008

Stayed at La Quinta Ventura enroute for the 'USA Road Trip 2008' that I was doing with friends which started at Las Vegas and was to finish back in Las Vegas two weeks later.

Did not arrive at the Motel until the early evening following a fantastic trip down Hwy 1 from San Francisco during the day. After a long journey doing in excess of 250+ miles, I was in need of some rest and a nice clean and comfy Motel.

In the La Quinta Ventura we got exactly just was needed - peace and some much needed rest. The Hotel is not situated near the centre of Ventura, more within an Industrial/Retail Park and just near a main Hwy - as it was early evening that was not a problem.

The Rooms were large, clean and extremely comfortable.

The highlight of my stay was using the outside Jacuzzi in the evening, whilst drinking a (few) cans of Corrs Light. A unique experience and certainly helped soothe the legs after sitting in a car for 5 hours. The only downside was being asked to leave the Jacuzzi by Security at 10 o'clock - nevermind, it was worth the brief visit to Ventura.

A Continental Breakfast was provided in the morning, which helped us get on our way to Los Angeles.

Overall, excellent value for a nice modern and clean Motel with a complimentary breakfast and the use of a clean pool and jacuzzi.

• Liked — The nice hot Jacuzzi!!
  • Disliked — Being told to get out of the Jacuzzi at 10 o'clock at night!!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
California
Reviewed January 6, 2008

Our family stayed at the La Quinta New Years Eve, it was easy to find, fairly clean though not immaculate, the hot tub was a little cloudy, but the best part of our stay was the swimming pool, it was very warm like a bathtub. I would stay here again-a great value at $58.50 with my AAA discount.

• Liked — Nice warm pool for the winter
  • Disliked — Front desk was polite, but not informative about restaurants in the area
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Jose, CA
Reviewed November 25, 2007

This hotel is fine if you just need a place to stay on your way through town. Its not the kind of place you would want to hang out at. The hotel staff was fine. The hotel feels dated and could use some updating. The pool is surrounded by the hotel building so it can be a little noisy if you have a room facing the pool. The free breakfast was fine and I did enjoy making my own waffles. The breakfast area is too small if there are lots of people getting food then there will not be enought places to sit and eat. Other posters complained about noise from the nearby freeway but we didn't notice it from our room facing the inner courtyard. So overall its fine for a nights stay but I wouldn't stay here if I was vacationing for a few days in Ventura. If you happen to like Music Stores, there a really interesting one diagonally across the street. Its a good spot to spend some time if you don't like watching TV in your hotel room.

• Liked — Convienience... right off of the freeway.
  • Disliked — Breakfast area too crowded and nowhere to sit
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 22, 2007

I've always had good experiences staying at La Quintas. This hotel was convenient to Ventura Harbor. We went on a day trip to Santa Cruz Island and decided to stay the night in Ventura. Booked the room about a week in advance. Booked on Hotwire and paid $53 ($65 after taxes). Would have paid at least $103 for the same room if booked through any other means. Breakfast was quite expansive for a complimentary breakfast: fresh waffles, muffins, cereal, Kashi oatmeal, juice, etc. I read reviews that pets are allowed here and a few had experienced smelly rooms. I called the night before and requested a room that animals had not stayed in. Our room was great: 2 beds, facing pool/jacuzzi, third floor, clean.

Amenities:Complimentary Breakfast, Pool(s), High-speed Internet Access

Check-in: 10/20
Check-out 10/21

Stayed October 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 17, 2007

The La Quinta was clean and the staff was very friendly. It was very close to the wedding location that my husband and I attended. The breakfast was above average. Maid service was prompt and positive.

You can't beat the price- $69 a night!

Served its purpose and was a good stay!

• Liked — Price
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed October 7, 2007

We booked thru a sight-unseen until booked site... we were given the La Quinta... I was not extremely happy about it, but we were just staying the night for a Doctor appointment the next day, so we were O.K. with it. We arrived to a very convenient, attractive hotel, near the freeway with great access. The noise was non-existent. The fellow at the desk and all the employees there were extremely helpful and friendly. We asked for a room away from parking lots, etc. and were given one upstairs (they do have elevators!) facing the pool. Being off season, no partying going on. The room was dated, but very clean and everything worked well. We asked where to eat and were given the name of a restaurant on the pier, 10 minute drive. It was sunset and we had a great dinner at Eric Erickson's. The "breakfast' was the La Quinta usual with a plus...Belgian Waffles...yum...they kept everything very well stocked and everyone looked happy! Yes, they do allow pets and it's fun to meet other pet owners...wish we could travel with ours, but 4 dogs just doesn't cut it! I recommend this hotel for a stay if passing thru.

• Liked — Friendly and efficient staff
  • Disliked — Dated room decor
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Bay, CA
Reviewed September 17, 2007

We opened the door to our room and PEEE-EEEWWWWW! It was like walking into a kennel. We asked for another room and they said that they were all sold out.

I booked through Priceline which is usually a pretty safe but I really wish they would have listed "Pet Friendly" on their preliminary description or I would have known to steer clear of the La Quinta. I'm sure people with pets love the La Quinta and maybe they're used to sleeping with the stench of pet urine. My husband and I even tried to cover the smell with a travel candle but it didn't work.

I would like to say the room was clean but with that smell, it was hard to feel at ease in any way.

Continental breakfast was adequate, very limited seating in the crowded lobby. Would not stay here again. Just a warning.

• Liked — It was close to the freeway - to get the heck out of there.
  • Disliked — Stank pet odor smell!
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank arwen75

Travelers are raving about these Ventura hotels