“Fun place at the harbor with good seafood”

Brophy Bros. Seafood Restaurant & Clam Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Brophy Bros. Seafood Restaurant & Clam Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 434 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Description: We are a casual seafood house that is located right on the dock in the Ventura & Santa Barbara Harbor. You'll find a bustling scene of fisherman, young professionals and sand-sprinkled beach-goers nearly every night of the week at these true-blue waterfront institution. Dungeness crab cocktail, oysters on the half-shell and fried shrimp round out the "small" menu offerings. Fresh fish specials, such as grilled white sea bass from local waters, mahi mahi dusted in Cajun spices and pan-blackened local yellowtail, are highlights on the "long" menu. No matter what, libations are always in order at this locals' favorite gathering place. Everyone is welcome at Brophy's, hope to see you soon.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I would have to rate Brophy Bros. "Very good" for the overall experience. Even from below the stairs leading up to the restaurant one can hear the sounds of the crowd urging you on. You might have to wait a bit for a table as this is a very busy place, We were fortunate to find two seats at the end of the bar, where we watched mussels, clams, shrimp and oysters being prepared -- a show in itself. The server was accommodating in offering us tastes of wine before we made our final selection -- always appreciated., Soup or salad accompany the dinner, and the salad is enough for two to share. One of us had sea bass and the other seafood pasta. The pasta was delicately dressed with white wine, garlic, lemon and basil . . .none of which overpowered the scallops and shrimp. There was a lingering desire to have ordered the cioppino so that many fish flavors could be enjoyed. Next time! There is a large deck on the harbor side; and sitting at the high seats at the bar made it possible to see the harbor. I would definitely return to this restaurant next time I visit Ventura. Wish they had one in the Seattle area!

There are newer reviews for Brophy Bros. Seafood Restaurant & Clam Bar

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Enjoyed a Caesar salad with a very tasty seafood pasta. The setting was comfortable with a harbor view; the service was good!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I just tried to have lunch at Brophy Bros. in Ventura. My dad, my daughter and I arrived and waited about 15 minutes so we could sit outside and enjoy the view. It was not particularly busy. While we waited for a view table to become available, another party barged in, bussed their own table and sat in the view booth. Annoying. When we finally were seated we got our drinks and ordered. My daughter's meal arrived, she had a cooked meal, my dad and I ordered clam chowder and salads. I am not kidding, my daughter's food was served and it was 20 more minutes until my dad and I finally got our salads and soup. My daughter didn't want to be rude and eat without us, so we all picked at her lunch and by the time ours arrived, hers was ice cold. There was no offer of fresh bread with the soup, the original bread had been sitting for 30 minutes while we waited to be served. So much for a relaxing lunch together. When we asked about our missing food a waiter said "oh I'll try to help you out on the bill." The bill came after we asked for it and there was no help. Food was fine, but what was supposed to be a special lunch out certainly was not.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The best parts of my meal there were the view and the clam chowder. From the deck you have an lovely view of the harbor with some visiting tall sailing ships. Their clam chowder serving is generous and tasty.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

After a very long and hard day we decided to treat ourselves to diner at Brophy Bros. in the marina. The staff was able to seat our party immediately (in spite of our group's large number-14 people). The wait staff quickly setup our tables, took our drink orders, provided bread and took our appetizer orders. The appetizers were very tasty, well presented and the right size. The menu isn't large but what they do have is all excellent. Our party ordered everything from simple salads, soup, seafood and steaks - there wasn't a disappointed person in our party. The next time we are in Ventura on business we will make this establishmnet a priority stop.