“Good price, great food.” 4 of 5 stars

Dargans Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 414 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxnard, California
“Good price, great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We went here on St Patrick's Day, so the crowd was insane! Still, we had a very pleasant experience. The staff handled the crowd amazingly well. We had about an hour wait to get seated, but that's to be expected on St Patrick's Day. When we did get seated the server was attentive and the food was excellent! We had fish and chips (served with malt vinegar) and shepherd's pie (the mashed potatoes on top were full of butter, I'm sure). Both were great. We cleaned the plates!

• Visited March 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Good food, but getting stingy and cheap...not cool-won't be back.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This wasn't my first time at Dargan's, and reason we why we went back, is because the food has always been really good here. HOWEVER, I was REALLY looking forward to ordering the Irish Breakfast for lunch (drove all the way up from LA) which was on their online menu as a lunch special for $8 (see screen shot pics) only to be told it was it was $13! That's more than 50% more than what was advertised. The waitress said, "Oh, the online menu must be wrong" and that was it. So instead of making a fuss as I was with a group, I just ordered the "Bangers and Mash" instead. Well, what a disappointment when I was served ONE skinny banger! That is indeed false advertising, but again, I didn't want to ruin our lunch by making a fuss, but I was definitely disappointed. But really, one little sausage a bit of mashed potato and beans for $8? I think they could afford to put 2 bangers on this plate! They've turned me off and I won't be back. (I'd give them 4 stars for the taste of food and 2 for their customer service, so that's why they scored 3 stars by me.) P.S. Just noticed the online menu shows "Banger and Mash"-I think someone needs to make sure the in-restaurant menu and online menus are the same.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Ventura, California
“A wee bit of Eire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Wonderful Irish atmosphere and specialty food, along with traditional American fare. Close to downtown shopping and cinema. Good choice of beers. Reasonable prices.

Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Great neighborhood pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This is our go to place for a casual, fun restaurant with good Irish pub food and beer. Service is very good. I especially enjoy a glass of Stella (I know, it's not Irish), spicy curry, corned beef and cabbage and Guinness French onion soup.

Ventura, California
“The best meal in town for a reasonable price...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Absolutely great service with tasty specials. The dinner salad is delicious, as well as the steaks with either the wine reduction or the whiskey pepper sauce are winners! A flexible menu for appetizers with a full bar!

Visited March 2013