“Quick get away”

Evita's Mexican Cafe
Ranked #233 of 446 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't impressed with the food. My beans were salty. Thought it was a regular restaurant but it wasn't. Good salsas

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Evita's Cafe is one of my "must eat" places when I return home for a visit. I am partial to the Pollo Asada platter. REAL refried beans, excellent homemade tortillas, and a fresh salsa bar keep me coming back for more.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food is good here but the place is in need of updating. But if your not expecting trills then enjoy your meal and the burritos are really big. Good Menudo too if you like it.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Evita's is a definate stop while I am in Ventura. There is hardly anywhere I have found that has whole beans on request, but Evita's has them. It is all tasty, but wait 'til you try the salsa bar. If you love and can handle fresh jalapenos, they are big and fresh and tasty, They have limes, and all kinds of salsa, fresh cooked, mild to hot, and authentic onions and cilantro to serve yourself to accent your order.
The atmosphere is delightfully casual, the service is effecient. If you want to get waited on, you won't be, you will stand in line to order. That is how you get to meet the locals. Plastic outdoor tables and old timey diner tables on the inside add to the authentic casualness that makes this my kind of place. My favorite are the whole beans. They are simple and delicious. That is really how you can tell the authenticness of true Mexican food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all available. I will be back!

Reviewed February 10, 2011

Great food and the best salsa bar around...It's quick,clean and easy to get in and out. And they give you a lot of tasty food for the money. The Green fresh made salsa is unreal !!!

Been to Evita's Mexican Cafe? Share your experiences!