“Adequate for our needs!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Victoria Motel to your Saves list
Victoria Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2350 S. Victoria Ave., Ventura, CA 93003   |
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Ventura
“Adequate for our needs!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Waited too long to book a room for Memorial Day weekend. Paid lots more than the average price listed here. However, we were grateful to find a room. It met our basic needs. Good bed, good shower. Room had a strong air freshner smell. Had to air out room before we went to bed. Asked staff not to use it when they cleaned the next day and they complied. There was no coffee in the room and there was no coffee in the lobby. On a freeway but traffic really did not bother us inside the room. May consider returning if price was lower.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cathy P

San Jacinto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have stayed in many motels and hotels this is one of the best motels i have stayed in when I go in to a motel there is rust steins in the shower areas plaster falling off the walls this was a nice place to stay ill do it again if i'm in that area.

Room Tip: the room i was in was good if you don't mind the 101 freeway traffic.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Granite Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Victoria motel is a budget motel and this is what is rated on. We paid $68 for a king bed room. There was a microwave and fridge in the room and the bed was comfortable. The room was clean and of a good size. Although not far from the freeway our room was fairly quiet. Room 113, first floor, next to the owners quarters. Within a mile there were several restaurants and stores that would provide all that a traveler needed. We travel a lot and stay in first class hotels and budget motels and there is a difference. When staying one or two nights we always save money and go budget. This place provided a hot shower and a comfortable bed at a great price in a pricey area. I would stay here again. Also we needed to leave several suitcases in our car as we were on a long road trip and there were no problems.

Room Tip: Room 113 is next to owners on the first floor and was quiet and safe for us
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Saturday8
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I had intended to stay over in Santa Monica but the cheapest rate I could get was $150 so opted for this instead, at a more reasonable $85- albeit still much more expensive than the majority of other places stayed on my trip. Approx 30mins on highway

First off don't go off the booking.com address! They have it wrong, fortunately my sat nav
came to the rescue. The chap who was in reception was not interested in this, but was friendly enough, and even showed me to my room

Room was spacious, if a bit bare. I could tell the rooms get a lot of use.

PROS
Spacious, bed was comfortable.
Wifi was strong ( I noticed the router was situated near reception so request a room near to if this is an issue.
Room on the whole was clean.
Large LCD TV, with cable although no Guide so I had no idea what was on
Micro and fridge

Cons
Walls were very thin. Wok(en) up to someone in an adjacent room on the phone!

Some of the cable channels had interference

One power socket at desk was loose, lamp had no bulb in it. Thus meant I could not work from the desk.
Upon checkout (7:30) no sign of breakfast ( I'm sure I read somewhere one was provided)
Although there are plenty of shops close by

As per my title this was ok for an overnighter, any longer and I would consider elsewhere

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank padprod
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Very clean beds and bathrooms. The interior of the room was far nicer than I had imagined. They also had a microwave and fridge/freezer in my room. Real nice owner who even helped me figure out a feel places to check out while I was in town.
Definitely, definitely stay here. I would have easily paid twice the asking rate just to stay at such a nice place.

Room Tip: I'm not sure I remember seeing a fitness center here but I didn't bother to ask. They have a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JS1118
Ventura, Cal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Victoria Motel is a surprisingly good value in a beach area that can be very pricey. The rooms are clean, spacious, comfortable with better-than-average furnishings and excellent housekeeping service. The front desk was extremely responsive and offered very attractive weekly rates when it was necessary to stay longer than had been originally planned. Even without the weekly discount, the rates are very attractive. This motel offers great value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jimbauer
Ventura, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was a very basic motel. Upon check in - the front desk was really nice. There were a few spiders in my room but he took care of it right away. The maid was really nice too. The only issues I encountered were the wifi was not good AT ALL. There was barely a connection. For example, I wasn't able to connect to the Apple store or Facebook but I could surf the internet.... slowly. It was weird. Everything was also very outdated. At least 10 years old. There were cigarette burns in the blankets and holes in the walls. I would recommend staying there if it were your last resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family