“This place is the pits.”

Travelers Beach Inn
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We only stayed one night, and the only positive was good wi fi connection. The room smelt dreadful, the bathroom was awful and the shower so grim I forfeited a shower that day and just had a quick wash. The coffee maker even had the previous guest's old filter left in
it!!!! The owner was a nosey old biddy, who asked so many personal questions. We half expected her to ask for inside leg measurements, she was so personal.Do
yourselves a favour and stay elsewhere. This place really was not nice

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank DeanaRichmond

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We got there late in the night. We needed only a bed and a shower. The person from the front desk started to question us about personal staff and after a 10 min interview she liked us and we got a nice room upstairs above her office. The tv was very nice and the bed comfortable. The room was not very clean but I care less about the dust. This place is very close to Starbucks and the world famous fish taco. It looks like if the lady from front desk likes you, you are like. We were there only for one night. We arrived late around 10 pm and left before 10 am next morning. I saw the creepy truck but I was not afraid at all. The parking lot is all open and I don't think that someone will break into your car in the parking lot. We had a coupon for that motel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ileana I
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I checked in after a long day of driving. The lady who checked me in was very rude and insisted my boyfriend get out of the car and come into the lobby. When he did she questioned him like he was a criminal. After we finally got our keys we went directly to the room. It was filthy. There were stains on the sheets and the bathroom was disgusting. I went back to the lobby to request a new room. The clerk once again was rude and spoke down to me. Our new room was worse tha. The first. It smelled terrible and had a leaking toilet. I asked for a refund and the clerk began to scream at me and my boyfriend. She refused to give me my money back and then kicked us out. She pretended to call the police and then flagged down a guest who was outside and told them my boyfriend was harrassing her and we trashed her room and were refusing to leave the property.

Certified crazy.

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank winstonjo
Reviewed October 5, 2013

i arrived late requesting a first floor room...at first i was told there were none, then the nice desk clerk came to the car and said she did have one available....it was comfortable and roomy...my room had no coffee maker at all, and fortunately, i travel with one!....i enjoyed the stay as the inn is seemingly in the center of everything i wanted to do/see....a 5 min walk from the beach which was a pleasant surprise when i got up the first morning....the downside is, i stepped on a carpet tack which was exposed due to the carpet separating at the seem near the bathroom door...all in all, i'd stay here again!...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank pish h
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I could NOT stand to stay here for more than an hour. The bed had visible bugs on it. The bed side table was broken, the lamps were inoperable or nonexistent. The window was propped open with a hanger. The floor was disgusting & there was mold on the walls & ceiling. The office manager was rude & kept my ID!!! Worst experience ever!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank WhittonMama5
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was put up at Travelers Beach Inn for 2 weeks, which is a cheap motel as far as cost are concerned. As I was working nearby and motel was paid for by employing my company, I had little say in it. I normally, stay at higher quality hotels/motels. I did see the previous reviews and had concenrs for my stay. I worked long hours and only used room as place to sleep an d shower. It is an OK motel at the lower price cost and near the beach, a few blocks away. I DID NOT FELL THREATENED NOR AT RISK.

It is an older motel, the room was clean and neat. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was fine (only a shower, no tub). Maid service was good. The color TV worked well and there was plenty of choiced. The small frig was stuck on frozen setting and I could not change it. The coffee maker worked well and I did use it, coffee is supplied (even at cheap rooom rates) there was a microwave I did not use it. The room had a table and 2 chairs, I felt the chairs were a bit low in size, but functional. There was A/C unit, but never needed to use it. The motel was not noisey and I did get mey needed sleep. As stated earlier it is OLDER MOTEL, THE 2ND FLOOR EXTERIOR WALKWAY IS COVER IN OUTDOOR CARPET AND IS VERY WORN, BUT AGAIN THIS AIN'T THE taj mahal. Parking is a bit tight, but OK. They have a pool, never jumped in, the weather was very cool for August, go figure. (global warming right??). The staff were freindly and helpiful

In a nut shell, if you are looking for inexpensive accommodations in Ventura, this might be a good fit. I have stayed at some real dives and Travelers is NOT a dive. On a budget, then try it out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank michael d
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night because it was cheap. The attendant was an Indian woman, she was nice enough but her demeanor was very direct and matter of fact. Possibly due to language barriers. She gave us 2 keys to check out the rooms and pick the one we liked best. Both were non smoking and one had definitely been smoked in so we took the other one which had an issue with the toilet running (sorry dont have room numbers but I have a feeling all the rooms are just as big of a gamble as far as condition). She had maintenance come right away and and fix the toilet. I expressed concern about parking our truck close to the room to prevent theft and she assured me they keep watch on the lot at night but it still just didn't feel like a safe place. The walls/doors are thin so I woke up 3 or 4 times when people walking by were being loud or shutting car doors. The room was cleaned well but it had some water damage on the carpet by the mini fridge and smelled of mold a bit. I don't have allergies so I toughed it out but if you are sensitive to that type of thing just know this hotel is old and just not maintained the best. The only nice thing was when I decided to go running in the morning it was only about a 5 minute run to the beach and pier. Oh and I have never had allergies to soap but the soap provided made me itchy, so use your own soap if you stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013