“Great Location For Harbor Activity”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Ventura
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel has a great location if you want to do activities in the harbor. The hotel was very nice, with a nice view of the harbor. The staff was very friendly and greeted us every time we walked in the door. The breakfast was really good, and varied from day to day. I loved that they had chobani yogurt, as well as three different types of milk. Overall, I would definitely reccomend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SanDiegoZix
Rosemary A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time and writing your review.I will share the comments with my staff. Hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I called the hotel directly to make a reservation and was told I would get a King bed in an accessible room on the 3rd floor. I have medical issues and wanted a room with a tub seat. My boyfriend was visiting from out of state and I was looking forward to the stay. At check in I was told I would get a room with 2 queen beds. I was quite upset. I only see my boyfriend ever 3 to 4 months and wasn't even going to be in the same bed. They said I could have the king bed for one night then would have to move??? So the room wasn't occupied but I was SOL. They lowered the price but had I seen the room prior I would have cancelled or asked for more off. I was quoted $129 for a marina view after the discount I was told $109. We ended up on the second floor and our view was 1/4 marina and 3/4 parking lot. I do not think I will return due to lack of customer service. I have rated average as I have stayed in other local hotels and received far better service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear scarlet227,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience regarding your room type and with the level of service you received. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our services.

Again, I regret that this has impacted your experience with us and hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is your typical Holiday Inn with one big difference: it overlooks spectacular Ventura Harbor which is filled with hundreds of sailboats. If you are taking the ferry to Channel Islands National Park, you can't beat this location. The ferry dock is about 1/2 mile away (a little far for a walk, and there is plenty of parking at the ferry dock). Make sure to ask for a room overlooking the harbor, It's worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for harbor side room
3  Thank LMJ19752013
James B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend. Everything was great, from the girl who greeted us the evening we arrived (don't remember her name, but she was very enthusiastic) until we checked out. The beds, the sheets, towels, breakfast, view, everything was great. My only complaint --- I made the reservation and (thought) I paid for this room on line with a Discover Card. While checking in --- she asked for a card (I thought for incidentals-- like all hotels do) I gave her my (Visa credit- debit card) knowing it wouldn't be much, since I have my own phone, and the internet was free, but then --- she charged the whole weekend to that card. Only when I was checking out did I know this. I was surprised when the girl informed me -- and I complained, but she said my visa credit-debit card would be refunded in 2 days. What? If you took that amount of money off THAT card --- I would be charged and overdraft fee, PLUS I can't use my card for 2 days, because all the money is gone. I'm mad about that. I don't know if that will stop me from coming back, but they SHOULD teach their people to specify that the card you are handing them is the card that will be charged for everything ! Oh, one more thing --- they charge you $10.00 a day to park.

Room Tip: Take the tray from under you ice bucket to breakfast --- that way you can bring your breakfast back...
1  Thank Nanski

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I just returned home from a 9 day stay at this hotel. The only negative I could find was that it was just a bit dated, but it was very well-maintained and clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. The free breakfast buffet was good. The wifi was adequate for business use, and the tv had more channels than I needed. The location was ideal, both for my business and for recreation. The view of the marina and sunsets from my balcony were splendid. The building was designed to catch the sea breeze, so I rarely used the a.c. Pedestrians were made welcome in the harbor/marina area, with numerous paved pathways Rental bicycles were available at the hotel, and bike paths were evident all around.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had 2 nights here in April 2014. Room 357 with comfy king bed, sofabed, large wardrobe, microwave & refridgerator, with balcony.

First impressions: Room had a slight musty odour when we entered, however, after opening the balcony and letting in some fresh air this soon cleared. The room was large, clean and comfy other than that.

Bathroom: Good, clean facilities with good powerful shower.

You enter the room from an out door corridor - motel style. All rooms seem to overlook the marina. The balcony in our room felt dangerous to stand on as it felt spongy and strange to walk on - but did not distract from our stay.

Breakfast was excellent and the server was very thorough and helpful making sure everything was in place and cleared/replaced quickly. An assett to the hotel.

My only major negative is the $10 + tax charge for parking per night - felt this was something that could be incorporated in the room fee. Other than this we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed here as this was the best location for our next days journey to The Channel Island National Park. Our room overlooked the Marina and had a small cozy balcony to sit out on to watch the sunset. The staff was helpful and attentive. The room was clean and comfortable. I find the parking fee a bit odd. I would expect this fee in a downtown setting where space is a premium but here I don't get it. Oh well, nothing to get up in arms about I guess. The breakfast room was nice that you could also look out over the Marina as well. I think the location is perfect if you are looking at going out on the water. If you are looking for something close to the downtown, this is not for you as you will have to drive there. All in all, it met our needs for that day.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple