“Nice hotel, Nice staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Ventura
NY
“Nice hotel, Nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2008

My family and I were on a weekend trip for our son's High school graduation, so we decided we wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. We could of chosen the Crowne Plaza,but from the reviews we got, we chose the Holiday Inn express. We are soooo happy we went with the Holiday Inn Express because all the staff were very pleasant and nice. We stayed in the suite with the kitchen. Our room were very, very clean and spacious. Our family of four fit very comfortable without anyone bumping into each other. We will definitely choose the Holiday Inn Express again. Crowne Plaza don't have nothing on the Holiday Inn Express even though its bigger and thats where my son's graduation. So go figure.

• Liked — hotel staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank vze3kpwd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
thousand oaks
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2008

Holiday Inn has changed! It is now owned by Inter Continental Hotels Group. Customer Service is not in their vocabulary! I have been a very loyal customer of Holiday Inn for over 30 years, Stayed in over 20 different HI. I made a reservation online for my daughter for her birthday. Suddenly, my daughter is hospitalized and I call within 20 days of reservation to cancel. NO WAY! The rate I received requires full non-refundable prepayment. They are sold out for that weekend and will not even cancel with my offer of a % to cover their inconvenience. I have talked to 2 people in customer service, who will not give their names, both have refused to accomodate me. I even ask to delay the visit so my daughter could still take advantage, NO! Good bye Holiday Inn! BEWARE!

• Liked — na
  • Disliked — na
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank janlmark
Brantford, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2008

My husband and I stayed here on a Monday night. We checked in very quickly and were given a room on the 2nd floor. The view from our room looked right over the harbour. Absolutely awesome views. Room was really large and bed was super comfortable. Definately wood stay here again.

• Liked — view from hotel room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank e_stire
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2008

I was greeted by a warm welcome at check-in. I was also given a gift bag that included an apple, granola bar, and water because I am Priority Club member. Even though I have stayed at many other Holiday Inn Expresses, this is one of the few times where I was given something like this for being a member of their club. The hotel exterior looks old, so does the elevator. This gave me a bad feeling as I walked to my room. But the room looks very clean and new. Most impressive was the incredible view of the marina from my balcony. Their staff told me all rooms have this view. This in itself makes it worth staying here. They called few minutes after I checked-in to ask if everything met my expectations. The bed was comfortable, and came with several pillows. They also have a desk for working, but as usual insufficient lighting. The room includes free wired internet high-speed connection. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room. The shower had the typical oversized shower head. The hotel is next to the marina, where there are many restaurants and beautiful boardwalk. As with all Holiday Inn Express hotels, they offer free breakfast which includes eggs, sausage, bagels, cereal, juice, fruits, and yogurt. Their dining area was very nice also. I once again received a service with a smile during check-out.

• Liked — Incredible View
  • Disliked — Looks Old from outside
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank travelingengr
Phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2008

Arrived around midnight when checking in, the two ladies at the check in desk were extremely nice and helpful. There was some sort of problem with the one room left that had two queens, so instead we were given a King room with a pullout couch. Although this was inconvenient as there was 4 of us(2 couples) traveling together, the ladies were very apologetic and offered to move us the next night but we declined since we were only there for two nights.

The King bed was extremely comfortable, big bathroom for a holiday inn with an oversized shower, plasma tv was a nice touch and although they gave us a 'view room' all we really could see was some boats and the dirty water that comes along with a marina.

Breakfast was good, a few hot items, good coffee, better than average for a complimentary breakfast at a hotel. Location was off the beaten path, although there was restaurants and shops nearby at the end of the marina, however the hotel was not near the pier or downtown ventura.

• Liked — Comfy beds
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Liz451
Peterborough, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2008

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for the first night of our Californian trip. We were very pleased with the location, we booked a king room overlooking the Marina which looked fabulous as the sun set.

The staff at check in were courteous and efficient, our room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable, which was good news after an 11 hour flight from the UK!

The Marina offered numerous places to eat all at a reasonable price. Breakfast included at the hotel was OK with a choice of some hot items, cereals & muffins. Enough to keep us going till lunch.

Would certainly recommend this hotel for an overnight stop.

• Liked — Spacious rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BillP001
Lees Summit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2008

This was a clean, comfortable room. I found nothing to complain about. My wife and I stayed here on a Wednesday night for $118.85. This was our fifth stop on a trip down Pacific Coast Highway CA1 from Oakland to San Diego. The next morning we took a side trip to the Ronald Reagan Museum in Simi Valley. This was the highlight of our trip. Visiting there made you feel proud to be an American. We drove thru LA at night on CA1 to Hampton Inn in San Clemente.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple