Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor
Comfort Inn Ventura Beach(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$123
  • Pool
$145
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$119
Ventura Beach Marriott(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$169
$79
$89
$86
Travelocity
Crystal Lodge Motel(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
All reviewsventura harborgreat view of the harborcinnamon rollsbreakfast roomchannel islandsbalcony facingfloor roomyogurtisland packersfour points by sheratonquiet locationgreat roomlarge roomrestaurants and shopsminute drivehot breakfastcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2007

After making a last minute reservation for a trip to Santa Barbara, Ventura was the closest town with any vacancies. We picked our hotel by using Trip Advisor's popularity index, we chose the #1 choice of Holiday Inn Express Ventura. We were hesitant to stay here due to our past experiences with Holiday Inns, but since we were desperate, we booked the hotel. To our surprise, our stay was better than we could have imagined. The staff was very nice and they even called our room to see if our room was okay. The bedding was fresh, the plasma tv was a nice perk, the view of the harbor was great.The free continental breakfast was better than most. We will come back again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank pvartist
James B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ventura Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Reviewed October 19, 2007

My wife and I, along with our 2 young girls spent 7 nights at this hotel in september of 2007. We enjoyed the hotel but ran into the same problem that others seemed to have encountered. We did not get the suite that we paid for. We wanted to have a mini kitchen so we would not have to go out to eat every night. When we arrived, I pointed out to the man at the front desk that we paid for a junior suite and we were not in one. He insisted that we were n a Jr suite so I left it alone until I saw a couple of actual suites after a few days. I then talked to a manager and said that I saw some actual suites on the first floor and wanted one of those. She said that they wee booked but she did give me the difference between a regular room and a suite. It is too bad that they messed that up becasue the hotel was clean, quiet and in a great location and I actually thought the walk to the pool was OK (other reviews that it was too long). However, I can't rate it high due to the reservaton problem.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank michaelj10709

Reviewed October 16, 2007

I had seen the very experience we had written up on this hotel here a month ago. When I called to make reservations I was told the only room left was a harbor view suite at $169.00 per night. I told the reservationist Orbitz was showing a king room for $112. She said that was impossible. She also said the $169.00 room was on the first floor with a whirlpool bath. I booked it as we needed it the next day. I was told reservation for this room was a guaranteed confirmation and late check in was not a problem.

When we arrived at 9:00 PM we were given a room up on the 3rd floor that was not a suite but still charged the price for the suite. After much protesting about the bait and switch and how this has happened before to other guests my price was adjusted back to what was suppose to be the regular price for the 3rd floor room at $145. The night staff was very apologetic and appeared annoyed this happened. I got the feeling this wasn't the first time he had seen this happen.

The room was nice and clean and spacious with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was continental and okay. I am going to write the management about this problem. He was unavailable while we were there.

• Stayed: September 2007
5  Thank Pattis_Zone

Reviewed August 24, 2007

Was a wonderful respite while visiting family and friends. Very calming and restfull. Hotel had everything you could want. Many great eating establishments near by. Or if you preferred to buy your own. A major change grocery store just down the road. Our room was equipped with mircowave & Frig. Easy access to anywhere in the area. Will definitely stay here again. Loved the balcony view of the harbor. Was not disapointed with anything. Hotel was very attentive to our every need. Award winning staff as far as we are concerned.
Terry & Noel
Surprise Az

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank uspsshewolf

Reviewed August 22, 2007

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel this week. It was a 2nd floor room with 2 very comfortable beds and a view of the Marina. It was a clean and pleasant room and we'd definitely stay there again (for a great rate). The front desk staff was refreshingly friendly and helpful. All in all it was a good stay. Expect an upscale motel.

A couple of things we were disappointed about:

There is no pool at this hotel. As a few other reviewers have mentioned, this hotel is part of the Sheraton next door. There is a bridge from the 2nd floor of each hotel that connects them. So, to use the pool (at the Sheraton) you have to walk over the long bridge, go down the elevator at the Sheraton, walk out the Sheraton's front lobby to an outside stairway at the edge of the Sheraton that leads to the pool or out the Sheraton's back door and walk down a long walkway to the pool. A REALLY long walk and at night it was creepy.

A few reviewers talked about large or jacuzzi tubs. These tubs are only in the suites on the 1st floor that have no view. The tub in our room was not even a standard tub. It was a small square tub with a large seat in the corner making it triangular and maybe a 3 year old could take a bath in it.

If you are looking for somewhere to eat in Ventura, Savory Cafe (open for breakfast and lunch) and Anacapa Brewery (for lunch or dinner) were both great. Don't waste your time at Dargan's.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family