“Excellent service, tasty food”

Taj Cafe Indian Cuisine
Ranked #9 of 436 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed August 17, 2014

If you are looking for authentic Indian food in this small town Taj Cafe is the place to go. It is situated in the center of the town and is easy to locate. We had a variety of vegetarian dishes twice during our stay, all nicely cooked and presented. The service is impeccable with personal attention paid to every visitor. The only minus point, if you looking for one, is mock severity of the manager. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

2  Thank raj1951

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Located downtown on Main Street, The Taj serves up some of the best food in all of Ventura. I feel like its interior could use a facelift but who really cares when the food tastes as good as it does. If you want to people watch and have a little privacy at the same time, ask for one of the front window tables. Sometimes they'll even present you with a free appetizer just for showing up! Oddly enough, Ventura has several Indian restaurants from which to choose. Always go with The Taj!

4  Thank Laura C
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Some friends took us out for Indian food, I had not eaten Indian food since I was in Scotland. Food was out of this world, excellent. Michael was our waiter and really catered to us. Friendly and good service. I am looking forward to going back again soon.
The question of is this one of the best meals you've ever had in a restaurant, is a tough one. I don't use the term excellent very often, however, it is tough to say the best meal ever. I really enjoyed it, so did the others in our party. Any chance I can skip that question at the beginning?
We are all looking forward to returning again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The food was perfect and the service was excellent. Very friendly staff. If you like Indian food, you should really go here, it's the best Indian restaurant in town.

2  Thank Fie2
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Every time we go, we are beyond pleased. I'm not usually one to fork out the extra couple of bucks for a meal, but this place is always the exception. The food is fantastic, the service is friendly and the kitchen in generous.

1  Thank KeelyCharlene