“Best Indian Around!”

Taj Cafe Indian Cuisine
Ranked #6 of 431 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Toronto, Canada
“Best Indian Around!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The Taj makes the best Indian food I've ever had, and I am Indian myself! We ordered the Butter Chicken, the Mirchi Chicken (which I highly recommend) and the Tandori Lamb. The food was incredibly flavourful with just the right amount of spice, and the meats were cooked to perfection. The servers were extremely friendly and welcoming, brining us samosa appetizers and sweet kheer (Indian dessert) on the house. The decor is very nice with a real Indian feel, and the prices are very reasonable. I can't wait to go back! You shouldn't leave Santa Barbara without going to this restaurant!

3 Thank alien94

Ventura, California
“true flavors of india”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Really good Indian food found at the taj cafe ventura

Hubby and I upon-ed the taj cafe on our way home from camarillo one evening after work. I was starving after a long work day, so we popped in to get some food to-go.

We ordered the palak paneer, chicken makhani, and a samosa to go! We very quickly received our order and rushed home to eat it as fast as we could. I loved the palak paneer - it was absoutely delicious. Spiced perfectly and served with rice and naan, Hubby and I nearly fought over who got to eat the dish. The chicken was also really good, we just preferred the paneer instead.

Overall, taj cafe has fresh Indian food and fast. Location-wise, it's situated right across from the movie theatre with a parking lot, so it's easy to get in and out. We will definitely be getting take out again from here!

3 Thank bob b
La Crescenta, California, United States
“Best Indian Food I've Ever Had”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Simply put this is the best Indian food I have ever had. We ordered the Chicken Tikka Marsala (which I highly recommend), the Butter Chicken, and the Chicken Curry. The food is fantastic and the service is great. They are very hospitable and make you feel welcome right away. Their appetizers are very good as well. Some food might be very spicy (but only if you order it that way). 5/5 for experience and food.

2 Thank Liam M
Stavanger, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had one of my best meals ever at The Taj Cafe this Spring. Unfortunately, I live in Norway, but this restaurant (and The Cajun Kitchen Cafe down the street...) is making me wanna move to Ventura! At least I'll be back to visit them, and I can't wait. The food and the service was absolutely fabulous. It cost 38 $ including two dinners, imported Indian beer, and an indian soft drink and snacks for my 4 year old daughter. I gave them 60 $ without hesitation.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Odd Erik O
Ventura, California
“best indian food in ventura county”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Not sure how much I can say that hasn't already been said about this place - but taj cafe was amazing! Both food and service were exceptionally good. We had reservations, but had to wait outside for about 5 minutes, which we were happy to do, as it allowed us to get the champagne ginger cocktail! However, our waiter apologized for the wait and paid for our drinks! Very nice and totally unexpected.

The spinach - OMG. SO DELICIOUS. light and crispy and everything everyone said it would be! Get it. Get 2 orders if there are 2 of you. It's that good.

We also had a shrimp curry and the butter lamb, both of which were so well done - perfectly cooked and flavored. We ordered a side of the onion naan, though I wish we had been able to order more! Just too much food for one sitting!

Our waiter was awesome - gave some really good suggestions and was really nice. We were never wanting for anything.

We'll definitely be back! They have a huge menu that we still have to explore!

2 Thank michael60769

Been to Taj Cafe Indian Cuisine? Share your experiences!