“Great experience for first Indian restaurant”

Taj Cafe Indian Cuisine
Ranked #9 of 441 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time in an Indian restaurant...I didn't know what to expect.So to my surprise the service was great.The waiter Michael was very helpful explaining every food that we order...he was very funny too...we ate a lot of very, very good food and we had a great time...every body that goes to Ventura, Ca should eat at this place...Good job...
Daniela & George from sunny Arizona

2  Thank timis20

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food was exceptional and the price was perfect. Generous portions and attentive staff. Everyone was so nice and welcoming! Definitely coming back! Best Indian food I've ever had!

2  Thank Jules7891
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This place was a little jewel. It had a family atmosphere and the staff were very attentive. We like our curry on the warm side but did not tell them. Unfortunately after asking for it 'medium' it was a little tame for us but still very tasty. We were provided with a free sample of a new dish on the menu and also free rice pudding. On speaking to the owner he was very open to adjusting the spiciness of the dishes to suit our palates next time we visit. I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are visiting Ventura.

3  Thank Samantha J
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here late one night for dinner, most of the other restaurants had stopped serving food already. We were starving and this place smelled so good we were both hoping we'd be seated ASAP and they wouldn't be bothered by how late we showed up (we got there around 9:40 and their kitchen closed at 10). As soon as we walked through the door we were treated like family; a warm, friendly hello from just about every staff person there, a great private table by the window, and the nicest wait staff I've ever experienced. A couple of times the manager came over to see how we were doing and to ask how the food was. If I lived in Ventura I'd most definitely make this place a regular dinner spot.

2  Thank Stellablu83
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant offering most entrees gluten free. The waiter was attentive and knowledgeable about gluten issues. He even double checked the ingredients on a product just to clarify if my daughter could eat it. The food is very tasty and fresh. I highly recommend this fine restaurant!

3  Thank Tammi B