“bad indian food”

Taj Cafe Indian Cuisine
Ranked #6 of 437 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I don't understand other reviewers, food here is not that good, we ordered the rack of lamb and it was way overcooked, the shrimp masala was bland, and service was tooo slooowww.
No going back anytime soon

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have been frequenting Taj Cafe for almost a year now. Whenever I travel, Indian food is the only food I crave after Mexican. I gave all the Indian restaurant in Ventura a chance,( others being average), Taj has always been beyond my expectations. Chicken tikka masala is definitely one of my favorite dish & these guys make it the best. Nice & flavorful, creamy & perfectly balanced with spices. But then I was brave enough to try the coconut curry...... OMG... The lamb was high quality, not gamey at all. I usually don't eat buffet , but the server told me to try it. So i did. I think it's the best value for the quality you get. Great service always. Love this place. I wish I had an Indian restaurant as good as this in Denver. Having the movie theater right across the street is a big plus.

4  Thank Meatlove
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Wonder why this place supposed to be the best indian food in town, service was ok. We tried the chicken tandoori and it was surprisingly bland with tough chicken, my wife got the Samosa which was just ok. We wanted to leave with something good and sweet so we tried the Gulab Jamun for Dessert, but it wasn't sweet enough. We'll give them another try.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Went to Taj in Ventura last night on recommendations from Tripadvisor and I'm glad I did. Wonderful service, they went out of their way to make us feel right at home and gave us a free Aloo Tikka appetizer because they were a little late coming to our table because a large party came in. I gave a 4 for the food because my Chicken was not that good but the other dishes were wonderful. We were even given a small dish of chicken masala to try, which was excellent. Will definitely come back here when I'm next passing through.

4  Thank Drweatherby
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Whenever I spend the day in Ventura, the highlight is always the Taj Cafe. We are always treated like VIPs. The atmosphere is nice, but most importantly, the food is wonderful. We like to try the specials because they are always good. There is a wonderful vegetarian selection. I couldn't pick my favorite because everything always tastes great and we always have leftovers. The portions are generous so we like to order several dishes so we can enjoy the meal later at home. The atmosphere is nice for a date, but families are always welcome.

3  Thank CamReviewer123