“web site is not working”
Review of Victorian Rose

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ventura
Victorian Rose
Ranked #2 of 9 Ventura B&B and Inns
Oceanside, California
“web site is not working”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Looks like a fantastic place but... I made a reservation on their website that appeared to go through. I called them to verify and was told they were sold out and I didn't have a reservation. So if you are planning to stay there just call them to make your reservation until the web is updated.
I was disappointed but will try again some other time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This was my second stay at the Victorian Rose. This was a relax and loaf around Ventura weekend. I felt my shoulders drop 2 inches when I was welcomed by Nona! The room and deck were just what I needed. I slept SOOOO well - the bed was delightfully comfortable. You couldn't ask for more gracious hosts or a more peaceful environment. And then there were Swedish pancakes....need I say more!

Room Tip: Rooms opening onto the deck are wonderful
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank santaanafoodie
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Victoria Rose B&B during our 1-week vacation in late March 2012. The accommodations were excellent and the breakfasts, prepared by Nona and Richard, are fantastic (and filling)! That's ok - Ventura is a walker friendly town - lots of places to walk to and see. Richard willingly shares his wealth of knowledge about places to see and where to eat (and where not to eat!). Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Irvine, CA
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed at the Victorian Rose Bed and Breakfast and we were amazed at the labor of love. The Inn Keepers, Nona and Richard were warm and hospital. I had a dietary restriction and Nona went out of her way to cater to my needs. The room was fabulous (we stayed in the Victorian Rose). Each room has a life of it's own and tells a different story. The home made goodies served at the Wine and Cheese Hour were wonderful. Breakfast was fantastic. I plan on going back again as soon as I can. If you haven't tried this place.. you should. You will be pampered beyond your expectations.

Room Tip: The Emperors Suite and Timeless Treasure have jacuzzi baths. Our room was the Victorian Rose we had...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed one night in the Fleur de Lis room. The bed was extremely comfortable, and our room was very cozy in general (but without the smallness that often goes along with the word 'cozy'). Breakfast was good, hot and filling. We enjoyed looking around the whole building, as they haven't just preserved the architecture but also various older artifacts from its days as a church.

If planning to stay here, be aware that there is some expectation of socializing with the others guests. It appears almost all are couples on romantic weekends, and we were a bit out of place given that we were headed out to camp in Channel Islands National Park.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Riverside, California
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My sister was married here in 1988 as it was a church then. She and her husband found it had changed to a B & B and stayed several times before my sister and I had. She has been there about 10 times and I have stayed 3 times. Richard and Nona are the sweetest most accommodating hosts you could ask for. You have the freedom of looking at the items placed around and the history is AMAZING! We walked all over town until 11 or 12 and felt very safe. My sister and I have so much fun there and will always go back as long as they will have us, because my sister and I are pretty loud and vocal! We laugh so much and have a good time together plus Richard and Nona laughed with our antics! This is a lovely place and they are lovely people...thank you to both of you!...Kathy and Diane

Room Tip: Try to get a patio room. It's nice to sit outside at night and watch the stars.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Ventura, California
Reviewed January 7, 2012

The Victorian Rose is sooooo lovely! The entire building is truly beautiful and our suite was lush and gorgeous. This historical masterpiece is a sight to see for sure! The breakfast was gourmet and comforting and all of the guests had a wonderful time at the table as we shared a delicious meal. In the evening, sweet and savory tempting treats abound and were made with as much love breakfast. Nona is an amazing cook/baker. Richard is a wonderful man and hospitable soul. They are a lovely couple and wonderful hosts. The location is awesome! My family enjoyed our stay and will be back... we are locals but still enjoy the get away. Thank you Nona and Richard for blessing us with this Victorian piece of heaven.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family