“Really Enjoyed This Pplace”

Golden China Restaurant
Ranked #276 of 427 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups
California City, California
“Really Enjoyed This Pplace”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The guy who seated us was exceptionally welcoming and had a great sense of humor.

Our waitress was very friendly and provided prompt service.

The chips were amazing ! Could not ask for fresher, crisper chips !

Egg drop soup - excellent

Sweet and Sour Shrimp.,,,awesome at dinner and awesome the next morning for breakfast !!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Off2SeeItAll

City of Angels
“Great Sunday Buffet”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It has been a few years since I've eaten here, but in the 20 years I have eaten here the food is good, fresh with a large variety.

Crab legs, Roast duck,, shrimp, teriyaki chicken, vegetables, fresh fruit, sushi, bacon, sausage, eggs cooked to order, waffles, pasta, menudo, dessert & champagne..... ♥

Visited March 2013
Tehachapi, California
“Go someplace else”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Went to this restaurant 2 years ago, was very good. Went 2 months ago, stood in the lobby 25 minutes and left. Noticed dirty tables and only 1 waiter. Gave it another chance 5 March, 2013. Same thing, except some fella with a jacket on came and asked me if I was there for take-out. I replied no, He left and I waited 20 more minutes. Cold- about 66 degrees. Very poor customer service. Again many dirty tables, dirty bathroom. Entrance was poorly lighted. Go someplace else.Even a catering truck has much better service.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Frank S
Ventura, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“???”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We read the reviews and thought we'd give it a try. We did like the interior and were thinking this might be okay. One of our dishes came to our table cold/lukewarm and we sent it back to reheat, which we think meant microwaved it, rather than gave it a quick stir-fry. It wasn't hot at all. Our duck was very salty, as though brined before being "flash fried." As we left we said, "Well, it's close by." That's all we could say. I don't think we'll be returning.

• Visited December 2012
Orange County
“Good and fresh”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The food was good and fresh. I came in to order and it did not take them long to get my food ready. I had great spicy broccolli, fried rice and sizzling soup with shrimp. I was quite happy with all of it.

Visited December 2012