“very nice restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We went on valentine's day and boy was it busy. While there was a bit of a delay, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Considering how busy it was the service was excellent and fairly quick. Food and drink were quite good and the prices were reasonable.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Three of us were made to wait 15 minutes at lunch time when half of the tables were open. Finally seated, we waited other 10 minutes without being acknowledged. When my 80-year-old father-in-law asked if our order could be taken the waiter explained loudly that they were very busy - this created a scene, which was embarrassing to us. We immediately decided to leave, while the waiter continued to rant loudly. I've spent decades eating at restaurants all over the world and have never been treated this poorly.

1  Thank ildatrotta
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I discovered this place by accident and decided to check it out. The staff was wonderful, the food was great, and it was all very authentic...the French owners than run it made it as they would have done in France. I loved the place and am looking forward to go back. I did suggest a better beer selection, to include both a couple of French and Belgian beers, but also some of Ventura's own wonderful local beer (Surf brewery does bottle and would make a great addition thought) for those of us that like to consume local products. I spoke with the owner who was very responsive and seemed to agree this may be the way to go. I loved the place and will love it even more if I can have a good beer with my meal! I highly recommend checking it out.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We took our friends for a birthday celebration dinner and all the food was well prepared and delightfully plated. We especially enjoyed the escargot, warm bread fresh from the oven, crab cakes, roast and apple tart.

1  Thank Amyandco
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I'm amazed that this restaurant got any positive reviews!! My friend wanted to try this place, in spite of all the reviews of rude, snooty staff. So I agreed. We were on vacation and had time to kill.

The guy who walked in and out of the kitchen repeatedly ignored us for about 20 minutes. Then when he walked by, he'd say, "I'll seat you in a few minutes". After another 15 minutes of waiting, we were finally seated. Then we waited another 10 minutes to be acknowledged by the waiter that we were there. Then another 20 minutes to get the drinks we ordered. I didn't know it is so difficult to pour a cup of hot water and bring it to a customer with a bag of tea.

I don't know how you feel about this kind if treatment, but there is no food in the world that is worth all the rudeness and slow service. When we finally got the food, I got a 1/4 cup of fruit and three humongous crepes to go with it.

Maybe you will be one of the few who actually gets good service and good food. Buyer beware!!

1  Thank Debbie R