“Great food, good service- bad owner”

Le Petit Cafe Bakery
Ranked #21 of 427 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Ventura, California
“Great food, good service- bad owner”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Awesome patio, yummy French breakfast, and our server (male with ponytail), although very busy, was attentive and nice. We will be back, BUT, as a past restaurant manager for years, I have to say a cardinal rule was broken. NEVER talk smack about other customers in customer ear shot. I am only saying this so the owner can learn to stop doing this. Other than hearing her complain, we loved everything and will definitely give it another try.

Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food and Great View”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stopped for lunch after picking up boat tickets. Had a great salad and escargot. The escargot was good but needs work to make it great. Half were a bit chewy and the presentation could have been a bit more classic. Bread was excellent. If they want to be French, they need to work on the escargot.

• Visited October 2013
New Hampshire
“BEST MEDITERRANEAN SALAD I'VE EVER HAD”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I may not be too experienced in having Mediterranean salads, but I can tell you this one was absolutely delicious. It was perfectly composed and the creamy parmesan dressing went delicious with it. The atmosphere is casual but not rundown here. I can't vouch for other items, but this salad was amazing.

• Visited September 2012
Carlsbad
“Good French foof”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have frequented Le Petit Cafe many times over the last 10 years or so. The chef, Jean Luc, comes from France so the food is authentic. I love their French onion soup - better than any I've had in France. They always have a nitely special and usually at least 3 fresh fish entrees. It's also a lovely setting in the Harbor Village. Sit outside, especially if you go for lunch.

Visited July 2013
S. California
“Maitre d Rude”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The first time that I came to this restaurant the food was okay but the service was extremely slow (to a point where you felt like they didn't care about their customers). The second time I came to this restaurant, the Maitre d made my daughter and I wait 20 minutes when there was no one else in line and 3/4 of the restaurant was empty. He proceeded to give the worst table in the place to us (the only table in the sun on a hot morning). We asked him if we could have a different table and he became very rude. That attitude may work with the weekend beach crowd, but as a local, I will never be back.

• Visited June 2013