“Good Food and Great View”

Le Petit Cafe Bakery
Ranked #22 of 436 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stopped for lunch after picking up boat tickets. Had a great salad and escargot. The escargot was good but needs work to make it great. Half were a bit chewy and the presentation could have been a bit more classic. Bread was excellent. If they want to be French, they need to work on the escargot.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I may not be too experienced in having Mediterranean salads, but I can tell you this one was absolutely delicious. It was perfectly composed and the creamy parmesan dressing went delicious with it. The atmosphere is casual but not rundown here. I can't vouch for other items, but this salad was amazing.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have frequented Le Petit Cafe many times over the last 10 years or so. The chef, Jean Luc, comes from France so the food is authentic. I love their French onion soup - better than any I've had in France. They always have a nitely special and usually at least 3 fresh fish entrees. It's also a lovely setting in the Harbor Village. Sit outside, especially if you go for lunch.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The first time that I came to this restaurant the food was okay but the service was extremely slow (to a point where you felt like they didn't care about their customers). The second time I came to this restaurant, the Maitre d made my daughter and I wait 20 minutes when there was no one else in line and 3/4 of the restaurant was empty. He proceeded to give the worst table in the place to us (the only table in the sun on a hot morning). We asked him if we could have a different table and he became very rude. That attitude may work with the weekend beach crowd, but as a local, I will never be back.

1  Thank Travelforfun88
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Clustered among the vendors and restaurants of the Ventura Harbor area is a jewel called "Le Petit Café". While in the area, we dined there twice. The first time was during the afternoon to relax on the shaded patio while enjoying a nice afternoon. The food was excellent with a pleasant combination of French inspired dishes with an American flair. It was great.

It was so good, we made the decision to go back for Sunday breakfast. The first thing you notice is the empty parking lot surrounding the harbor area, except for the area right around the café. You will likely end up waiting, but trust me when I say it is worth it. You will also notice most of the people there are regulars and locals. A lot of restaurants in this area survive simply based on location and not on the food they serve, this is different. It is a great place to dine in a splendid location.

The wait staff is professionally attired, efficient and very well versed on the menu while they offer suggestions based on the preferences of the guests. Honestly, the prices are on the cheap side. If they increased prices 50%, I doubt they would lose any business, it is that good. You will absolutely love the French Toast made with croissants, it is incredibly delicious.

I hope you found this review helpful, if you did, please hook me up with a helpful vote! Feel free to message me directly if you have a question.

2  Thank highdesertwanderer