“Good for what it is”

Add it.
Christy's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Cafe/ coffee shop with Tex/Mex offerings on the menu. The breakfast burrito was very good.

There are newer reviews for Christy's

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Very consistent--always good! We have been dropping in for years and enjoy the family operation. It's the best breakfast value in town and the waffles are great. Try the breakfast burrito for a real treat.

Reviewed November 20, 2010

I live in ventura , and my boyfriend enjoy eating out and trying new places in ventura . This was a horrible choice. I would never eat here again!!! The servers were not friendly the food was trucker food the inside was old and dirty .

Reviewed August 8, 2009

The food was mediocre, the server was very nice, but the owner, surprisingly, was very rude. It ruined my experience there and I doubt I'll ever return.

Reviewed September 23, 2008

I'm visiting a relative in Ventura, CA, and have eaten at Christy's 5 times so far, so obviously I'm a fan. Lot's of locals seem to agree. This is a family owned and operated restaurant and all were eager to please. If it's not on the menu, just tell them what you want and how you want it. No problem.

During breakfast, check out the locally-baked raisin bread, a real treat. If you enjoy spicy, try the salsa on your eggs. A few onions cooked with my potatoes, no problem.

For lunch, I've zeroed in on their deli-style sandwiches. The Reuben was well above average. I'm not a big salad eater, so I requested sliced tomatoes and avacado instead. No problem.

Not the Ritz, but not a bland chain either. Good food and friendly, above average service. After you're done, take a walk around the harbor and enjoy some wonderful views.