“Delicious breakfasts”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Allison's is the best place for breakfast! The food is fresh and well-prepared. The biscuits with their homemade raspberry jam are great. They also serve the best side of fresh fruit. There is always a wait on weekends, so bring the newspaper and your appetite.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a great place for breakfast, the portions are huge and the taste is pretty good. We've been there numerous times and it has never failed.....I've read the slow service reviews and that has never happened once to us.

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Let me start by saying I've only eaten here for breakfast so I can not speak about their lunch. This has to be one of the better breakfast places in Ventura. I do not recall ever having a bad experience with any in of the items on thier breakfast menu. The food is really good with the biscuits and homemade jam being thier signature item. The portions are decent and the service is always pleasant. The restaurant is small and narrow with limited seating. The morning rush on the weekend tends to cause long lines. Averge wait on a weekend morning can be 30-45 minutes. This is one of my favorite places and considering the limited amount of decent restaurants in Ventura County, this is one of the better ones around. If you are ever in the area, this is worth the visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I decided to try this cafe on the recommendation of a friend. We had lunch. The food was just OK, the service was slow and not all that attentive and the atmosphere is claustrophobic. The cafe is long and narrow with a small counter, booths along the wall & two person tables on the other wall. They tucked a salad bar in behind the kitchen and some tables. This is not very appealing at all. The cafe seems to specialize in breakfast and their jams. Unfortunately we ordered sandwiches and perhaps that was our mistake. The Reuben sandwich was just OK but the side of onion rings were fried in a heavy batter and not that tasty. Coffee was OK but not memorable.

1  Thank CarlOjai
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I found this restaurant by mistake and I've eaten breakfast there twice. We have had to wait about 20 minutes to get a table which is usually a good indication that the food is good. It is VERY good and they have awards going back to about 2005 from different local restaurant award services. The food is great, the service is very good and the price is very reasonable.