“Reggae sundays should be called reggae ripoff”

Cafe Fiore Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Fiore Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 434 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Santa Clara
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Went ther twice the past 4 weeks and both times the band was a no show! What kind of resturant has false advertisement, instead of a advertised live reggae band it was some stupid DJ! The drinks were overpriced and the food average at best, both times I walked out of there about $80 less in the wallet, not satisfied with the food and no live band to listen to, the manager did even apologize after I complained to the waitress about the sorry false advertised entertainment ...no more Fiore for me. I'm done with them

1  Thank rasta028
There are newer reviews for Cafe Fiore Restaurant

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The bread and tapanade for starters are irresistably tasty: they bake their own breads every day - you may eat too much. We then split the Burrata and red beet salad- awesome; then had just enough room to share the Salsiccia e funghi (sausage & mushroom) pizza. The second time there, we also had the pancetta-wrapped shrimp appetizer, and had to take half the pizza home. Going back tonight for dinner. It's an easy drive from SB and well worth it .

Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

We were so full from lunch that we only had the mixed fried zucchini and calamari combo. It was nice, however the marinara that came with it was cold. Not room temp, but coldddddd. We prefer our sauce hot. Other than that it was fine.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Make reservations

My husband and I are visiting Ventura for the first time. As we explored Main Street, I noticed a diverse crowd coming in and out of Cafe Fiore, and I liked the building's curb appeal. After reading reviews on Yelp and Trip Advisor, we decided to eat our last dinner in California at Cafe Fiore.

Make Reservations for Dinner
I reviewed the website, and I never noticed instructions for reservations; in Minneapolis, if you don't make reservations, you will wait at least an hour so i always get nervous going to dinner sans reservation. It is the same at Cafe Fiore. You need reservations for dinner. We learned the hard way.

We came at 7 pm, and the hostess asked for the name on our reservation. Gulp. "I didn't know you required reservations? I didn't see that on your website?" Fortunately, they still had a high-top table so we were seated; otherwise, the wait for a booth was an hour and 15 minutes. I saw a number of groups walk in and leave.

Service is Excellent
Cheyenne was our waitress, and not only was she attentive but also she gave dinner recommendations, brought everything to us in a timely manner, ensured we had what we needed and even gave us information on the area. We were both impressed with service.

Ambiance
As noted, I originally chose this restaurant based on curb appeal, and the interior is just as nice. The ceiling is open with wood beams, and there are racks of wine bottles everywhere, reminding me of wine barrels. It is a relaxing atmosphere, yet busy with lots of people laughing, talking and having a good time. I like to dress up for a nice dinner, and I noticed that a number of others were dressed up as well; however, there were just as many in jeans and t-shirts.

Food and Value
The food was very good, but not fantastic. I had the lobster ravioli ($18) and my husband had the chicken and spinach ravioli; they were both handmade pasta, and the meat was quite fresh and well cooked. We also shared a bottle of Zinfandel ($34) and a glass of scotch. Our bill was $94, before tip. The food and value are average for a nice dinner.

Overall, we enjoyed our evening at Cafe Fiore, probably more for the service and ambiance than the food.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was my first time to Cafe Fiore, and what a treat it was! The restaurant has beautiful wood interior, reminding me of restaurants in Boston. Skylights give natural light in parts of the restaurant, with SO comfortable pillows on the seats, as well as loose pillows against the back of the booths. My friend and I sat for at least two hours visiting, without any pressure from our waitress to "move along". A generous tip was left because of the time we spent there.

The food was incredible. I had a delicious salad called Burrata Con Insalata Bietole Rosse, which was creamy mozzarello served with an arugula, roasted beets, pistachios, orange segments, fennel & avocado salad in a citrus vinaigrette & served with gnocco fritto, for $14.00. It was incredibly delicious! Bon appetite!