“Wonderful, fun place for lunch with colleagues and friends”

Andria's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 441 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: We bring the freshest and best seafood available in the world to your table! Known and loved for our hand battered fresh fish & chips, homemade clam chowder, views of the lively Ventura Harbor & voted year after year as the #1 fresh seafood market in Ventura, California.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Owner, staff, service and food are wonderful at Andria's. I would recommend this restaurant as a wonderful, casual place to go with friends and colleagues alike. But, get their before 11:30 or expect to wait with all of the patrons looking for great seafood and especially the chowder.

Andria B, Manager at Andria's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Hello!
Thank you for spending the time to review our restaurant, and give us a thumbs up!
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I live a little more than an hour away. This area is our beach trip of choice and it's rare that we head out to Ventura without stopping in at Andrea's for fish and chips and clam chowder. On our last visit we shared the fisherman's platter and a large clam chowder. Three large pieces of fish, 6 shrimp, 4-5 calamari, 8 scallops, and a mess of fries. A large hot bowl of chowder and it was perfect for two. Actually a small bowl of chowder would've been plenty. Always good, no lines today ( 3 pm on a Thursday in May) but I've been here before with lines out the door. Nice out door, covered patio dining. Not always quick on the table clearing or clean up but the harbor view, sea birds, fresh air and good food make up for that. Remember orders are large so plan on sharing. Fish is always fresh!! Condiments like Tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, lemons, vinegar, etc. or self serve. Tipping doesn't seem to be the norm. You order at the counter, pay at time of order, they call your number when it's ready. You grab your tray, carry it to the table and clear your table when done.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Went here for Mother's day as we wanted to stay close to our hotel and relax. I almost went home to change to nicer clothes as I was not sure of the atmosphere. NOT necessary at all. Very, very casual. You go to the counter to order and pick up as well. I was a little hesitant to stay and eat, as I was wanting to be served on Mother's Day, but glad I did. After reading the previous reviews on this place, I figured why not try it. I would rather eat at a place like this and get good food as opposed to going to an expensive place and paying for horrible food. My husband and I really enjoyed it. The halibut was a little dry but not so dry that you couldn't enjoy it. The rolls are awesome and the coleslaw was good as well. I did try a piece of the fried halibut as well and it was great! Good tarter sauce, yum!

Andria B, Owner at Andria's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Hello Barbara!
How fun that you traveled from Phoenix to spend Mothers Day in Ventura! We are happy to hear your day was fantastic, and your experience at Andrias was just right on such a special day.
Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

I make sure I stop at Andria's every time I'm in the area. The food is worth the long lines and the lack of seating. I love this place.

Hello!
We love our customers, like you! Thank you for your support and nice review!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

If you like braving a long line where you'll inevitably bump into someone you can catch up with while you shuffle along, then Andrea's is for you! But if you actually want good fresh fish, you're out of luck here. Overpriced dishes you eat with plastic in a crowded space smelling of fry oil. The harbor setting is the only thing that made this spot an institution. Fish-loving locals leave it to the tourists.

1  Thank Arrow101

Hello.
We are sorry to hear you find the lines too long. We do have an active local and tourist clientele. We do hope you will give us another shot, maybe during the week, rather than weekend. Best!