“Freshalicious!”

Ranked #6 of 427 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Andria's Seafood Restaurant and Fish Market is located in the beautiful Ventura Harbor Village. Well known for our original Fish and Chips, homemade clam chowder, and casual atmosphere, we provide the freshest seafood available, both in the restaurant and in the seafood market to take home. We offer salmon, halibut, scallops, and fresh lobster, just to name a few. Enjoy the hustle and bustle inside, or the view of the Harbor and mountains from the patios. It's no wonder Andria's has been voted Ventura's "Best Seafood Restaurant" year after year.
Ventura, California
“Freshalicious!”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Great casual restaurant with fresh made to order seafood right from the water into their back door! Sometimes long lines, but worth the wait.

Ventura, California
“Best Fish and Chips in town”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Hands down best fish and chips in town, only downfall, line out the door on weekends.

Helena, Alabama
“Not as good as we remembered.”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We used to like to eat at Andria's when my wife lived in Ventura. The harbor still provides a nice atmosphere, but the food has gone downhill over the last twenty years. All of our dishes seemed bland.

Visited December 2011
Ojai, California
“The Most Popular But Not The Best!”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Andria's is situated in a great spot in Ventura Harbor. It is located right on the water but takes no advantage of its location. I have eaten at Andria's many times over the last few years and what amazes me is the number of people who flock to this restaurant for food that is just OK at best and mediocre at worst. They have an expansive menu of mostly fried seafood, some grilled and some soups and salads. The fish & chips seem to be the local favorite. You would expect the fish is fresh off the boat, as they have an adjacent fish market, but the fried fish does not taste as though it is. My last dish was the fish & chips but the order was not hot and the fish was mushy. I took it back to the kitchen and complained and they tossed it back in the deep frier. What was I thinking??? The grilled entrees are a little better as is the clam chowder.

The kid's menu has only a few fried fish and shrimp plates but it comes in a neat boat that the kids will love. They also include some cookies for desert and a coloring set.

Andria's is a step up from fast food. The food is prepared once you order. However the restaurant environment is a step down from fast food. Tables are crowded together in a fish shack atmosphere with condiments tucked in along the order & pay counter. There are some tables out back, along the water side that are semi enclosed, but gulls seem to find their way in to check out your food. The tables in the front are a little more comfortable and open.

The portions are generous but the prices are high for the quality of food and atmosphere. I think you get better selection, quality and value at Brophy Brothers and Spinnaker's just around the corner.

• Visited December 2011
California Desert, California
“For us, the food was not good.”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We read the reviews and were looking forward to good seafood. We both tried the clam chowder (I ate a spoonful from my husband's) and it was not very good. My husband had the fish and fries. The fish was not very tasty and the large portions were quite greasy. The fries were limp with oil. I had a white fish sandwich because they were out of Mahi Mahi. The sandwich was okay but my coleslaw was not edible. It had an odd flavor and odor so I only took one bite. We are used to good fish, chowder, and coleslaw so this place was a big disappointment and our total bill was $40+!

• Visited November 2011

Been to Andria's Seafood Restaurant? Share your experiences!