“Best fish and chips”

Ranked #10 of 457 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: We bring the freshest and best seafood available in the world to your table! Known and loved for our hand battered fresh fish & chips, homemade clam chowder, views of the lively Ventura Harbor & voted year after year as the #1 fresh seafood market in Ventura, California.
Reviewed April 12, 2011

If you want fish and chips in the area, go here. Very good. Location is fitting... Fairly priced.

1  Thank rayandgabby

Reviewed June 23, 2010

We read about Andria's on TripAdvisor and were ready for a good seafood meal. Andria's is a very high throughput restaurant where you order at the counter, find a table, and then pick up your own food. We ordered grilled seabass and grilled halibut. Both were too dry - left on the grill too long. We noticed everyone else ordering fried seafood so maybe we just ordered the wrong style. Fish was served with bland rice pilaf and nondescript veggies and no bread. Overall it was not a memorable experience.

Reviewed June 15, 2010

Visited on Saturday, June 12, 2010. I ordered the Krabby Cake Sandwich with Cole Slaw. Should have known by the ridiculous spelling that it wouldn't be a freshly handmade crab cake. Looked like something frozen that would be served in an elementary school cafeteria. The inside tasted mushy and under-heated, as this product was not freshly cooked.
The massive amount of cole slaw I was served was inedible: drippping with tasteless mayonnaise and no salt, pepper, vinegar or sugar.

My BF ordered the cod, which looked freshly fried, but was bland.

A disappointing lunch, considering the 90 good 4-star reviews on Yelp.

Reviewed April 3, 2010

I spend a lot of time in Ventura on business, and I never miss Andria's. They serve by far the best fish and chips I have ever tasted in California, and their chowder is thick and full-flavored. The atmosphere is of a classic fish market diner and reminds me of the East Coast places of my childhood. The only major detractor is that unless you sit outside, you are generally only six feet away from either the busy order counter or bins full of dirty crockery, silverware and trash.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

Because our kids and grandkids live nearby, we come here at least annually. In our first 4 days here, we have been to Andria's twice already. My wife and I split the halibut & chips ($14.89) both times; 5 nice sized pieces of halibut, perfectly done. The batter was thin and crusty, exactly as it should be. Also, our fries were hot, fresh and plentiful. There was tartar sauce in abundance, plus plenty of other condiments. My daughter swears that her halibut and chips is the best fish and chips that she has ever eaten. A bonus was that our grandkids also loved their Kid's Oreo lunch: one had chicken and the other, shrimp.

We also like the quick service. Although there was a short line each time, we ordered at the counter just inside the door within 2-3 minutes, grabbed a table—and proceeded immediately to pick up our food, as it was ready.