“Saturday Lunch”

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Came here for lunch with my wife. It's quiet, good service, and ok food but nothing that sets them apart. I had the $14 chicken sandwich. I would give them a better review if the prices where more reasonable. I don't feel this restaurant has anything that would bring me back.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We have visited 71 Palm twice in the last two weeks. Both experiences were most enjoyable. Our son previously managed a Santa Barbara seafood restaurant and remarked that the seabass dish he ordered at 71 Palm was the best he had ever tasted. He was also impressed with the oysters Rockefeller. The service was excellent. Having been seated both upstairs and downstairs,
I find the ambience downstairs more desirable. There is also an advantage to being on the same floor as the kitchen and bar. Overall, one of the best restaurants in the west county.

1  Thank Mary O
Reviewed September 4, 2013

71 Palm is probably one of the very best kept secrets in Ventura! Just off Main Street in a lovely Victorian Home with an ocean view patio, and cozy fireplace side tables in the dining room. French / Californian fusion menu includes all the favorites from steamed clams, Kobe Beef Burgers, excellent steaks and seafood served in a comfortable casual atmosphere. The owner Didier leaves his mark on every dish and at every table. Great, affordable wine list and full bar.
Great go to place for casual lunch or dinner, and especially for special occasions! Also, it is dog friendly! They offer individual bowls of water and a "doggie" stew for visiting canines!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had dinner on a Saturday evening and were seated upstairs. One of the charms of the restaurant is that it is in what was a converted house. That is also one of its downfalls. We were seated upstairs in a room that was small and had about 5 tables. Unfortunately for us, the table next to us was occupied by 4 very loud people. We simply could not enjoy our conversation and pretty much just listened to theirs. The acoustics of the room are not conducive to a restaurant.

As for the food, it was good. Not spectacular but good. The heirloom tomato salad was excellent. The filet was nicely prepared, but nothing special. Also, our waitress while very sweet was a bit too exuberant and ever-present. I think had we been seated in a different room where we didn't have to hear the next table's every word, we would have enjoyed our dinner more.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

this food was awfuls, Mussel fishy and nasty! The Pate, like dog food, no flavor bland. Owner refused to remove from menu even after we sent back after one bite. Argued with us told us nothing was wrong. Never in my life have I been treated like that. I almost never send anything back embarrassed but this was so bad had to could not even stomach the food! We could not believe the arrogance of charging us for food we did not eat!!! We are not those people who eat half or all and then complain we took one bite and sent it back. Never go there, eat a can of sardines or dog food and save yourself a $100 bucks!