Comfort Inn Ventura Beach
$119
  • Pool
$84
$81
Ventura Beach Marriott(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$183
$169
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$119
BestWestern.com
Crystal Lodge Motel(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$79
$79
$167
$139
$129
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
1,164 results
All reviewsdenny's breakfastbreakfast voucherschoice hotelsfront deskdouble windowsin n out burgerroom was cleanstay there againoff the highwayconvenient locationchannel islandsgreat place to staystaff was very friendly and helpfuleasy accesswalking distance to the beachshort drivesanta barbara
Reviewed July 23, 2006

I've begun an eight-day drive up and down the California Coast and made my frist stop last night in Ventura. I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Harbor Blvd.

The positives: It's within walking distance to Seward Avenue and the beach. The hotel has free wi-fi and a good lineup of tv stations. And there are plenty of places to get gasoline and food.

However, the hotel is built on a small bit of land that abuts an exit off of the Ventura Freeway (US Highway 101), which means that there is freeway noise all the time. And, on one side of the hotel there is an In 'N Out Burger restaurant with an open all night drive through, which brings it's own noises. In fact, the dumpsters and delivery trucks started early this morning, which brought even more noise.

The bit of land that the hotel is built on is best suited for a gas station or a storage unit. It was a very poor idea to put an Inn here, especially one that has very little noise insolation.

There is another problem: the air conditioning system only works in manual mode, which means that it has to be turned on and off manually to control how cold it gets. That's a problem, particularly at night. I turned it off when it got too cold and had to get up and turn it back on again when it got too stuff.

Like many budget hotels, the hallways smell of chemical clearning agents.

There are other options for budget travel in the area, including a Motel 6, which, by the way is closer to Seward Avenue and it has a pool.

Stayed: June 2006
8  Thank Roland A
Reviewed June 26, 2006

I stayed here on a Sunday night in June. I had picked up a travel coupon book and found a coupon for $ 59.99/night for this hotel. It was right off 101 and just a couple of blocks to the beach. I had a quiet room with a comfy bed. Bathroom was spacious. Travelling alone, I felt very safe. The breakfast was from 6am-9am and had fresh hot waffles. I bragged a yogurt and an apple for a snack later in the day.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank AuntPeanut
Reviewed April 27, 2006

I was pleasantly surprised when my cousin and I stayed at this hotel in mid April. Compared to our stay not quite a year ago it is a completely different experience. The staff is professional and friendly, our room was not only clean, but looked more like a Crowne Plaza than a Comfort Inn. The bathroom had granite countertops and decorative tile! We got wirless internet (that actually worked) and homemade waffles for breakfast.
I highly recommend this staff and hotel if you really want sincere service and a clean room.

6  Thank cver
Reviewed October 27, 2005

All we did was sleep there, but the rooms were clean, had a refrigerator, everything worked, the price was right, the staff was friendly. It was a little noisey from the road outside and the hamburger place next door, but with the windows and drapes closed it was fine. I have stayed in places that cost more and were a lot worse.

Don't count on the continental breakfast, it was pretty limited, not to mention the slowest toaster I ever saw.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank BumbleBee60
A TripAdvisor Member
Santa Rosa Ca
Reviewed July 26, 2005

My boyfriend and I were just starting our vacation. We had driven 8 hours from northern california, we were extremely tired and just wanted to rest. We entered the lobby and a very nice receptionist greeted us, it was her first day. We had a coupon because this was during the week to get the room for 49.99. The receptionist checked to make sure there were rooms available, which there were. She had just finished the paperwork and was about to charge our credit card when the managers wife came out. She asked if we were together and the receptionist told her we were. She wouldn't stop giving us the weirdest look, like we were some kind of creatures. Then she said sorry that they didn't honor the coupons. Without asking the regular rate, I said that was fine that I didn't care and that I would pay full price. Then she said oh no sorry we don't have any rooms, and the receptionist said that there was a room available, but the laid insisted there weren't. Then she said we needed to make a reservation 2 days in advance anyway. So we left and went elsewhere. The next day I called to ask if they took wal-ins or if it was only by reservations and I was told that they did take walk-ins. I don't know if the managers wife thought we were going to throw a party there or maybe she thought we were just some kids off the street wanting to have intercourse.

• Stayed: July 2005