Comfort Inn Ventura Beach
  • Beachfront
$89
$86
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$83
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $101/night.

Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$140
Amanzi Hotel(Ventura)
$98
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

$162
$153
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Ventura Beach Marriott(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$235
$219
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$159
Crystal Lodge Motel(Ventura)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $98/night.

$119
TripAdvisor
1,173 results
All reviewsdenny's breakfastbreakfast voucherschoice hotelsfront deskdouble windowsin n out burgerroom was cleanstay there againoff the highwayconvenient locationchannel islandsgreat place to stayeasy accesshot breakfastwalking distance to the beachshort drivesanta barbara
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I came to Ventura to take a whale watching trip and this motel was so conveniently located. It's less than 5 minutes to the harbor and less than 5 minutes to downtown Ventura. The staff was fantastic and kept asking me how my stay was. Despite the fact that it's right off the freeway and right next to In & Out Burger, my room was really quiet. The voucher for breakfast at Denny's is a plus as well. Throughout the hotel, there are nice decorative touches. These touches along with the caring staff tell you that this is a well-run hotel. I'd stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank BeckyAZ
ComfortInnVentura, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Ventura Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear BeckyAZ,
Your feedback is truly appreciated! It is a joy to hear that our central location, staff service, breakfast option, and décor are much to your liking. Thank you for your patronage and time. We look forward to being able to accommodate you again on your next trip to Ventura Beach!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights. Our room, #308, looked out towards the nearby freeway and the In-N-Out drive through, and I expected it to be noisy and difficult to sleep. Much to my surprise, we heard NOTHING from outside, thanks to double windows, and the black-out curtains kept out all of the drive-through lights.

It was a clean and comfortable hotel room, nothing fancy but very adequate. They do provide a selection of pillows (firm and soft), which was a nice touch. There are minimal toiletries provided, but the in-room coffee maker made surprisingly decent (and very hot) coffee.

What is notable is that every single staff member we encountered was exceptionally friendly and pleasant to deal with. And I do mean exceptionally. The front desk clerk, Rafael, was polite, professional, and proactively helpful. I can't remember the last mid-priced hotel I stayed at where I got a call from the front desk (after we'd settled in a bit) to make sure our room was satisfactory and see if we needed anything. Here, we got that call!

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ComfortInnVentura, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Ventura Beach, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear WeHeartToTravel,
We appreciate all of your kind words! We are overjoyed to hear that your stay with us was a most pleasant one! Every member of our staff works dutifully and diligently to provide every guest with an exceptional experience and it is our pleasure to have been able to accommodate you. It is a joy to hear that our in-room amenities and staff service exceeded your expectations. Thank you once again for taking your time to review our hotel, and we look forward to being able to provide you with yet another great experience on your next trip to Ventura!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Clean rooms however could use a little updating, friendly staff and a great location, probably closest hotel to the beach. The cost was high for a Quality Inn though at over $200 Per Night unless it was just me they stiffed?

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Chris M,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We have recently renovated all of our rooms, as well as the hotel proper. It is a joy to hear that our staff service and central location were much to your liking. We appreciate your feedback and would like to invite you to stay with us again on your next trip out!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

If you've ever stayed in a Comfort Inn then you know not to expect too much. The rooms are fairly basic (micro and mini-fridge included), beds are comfortable, and the staff was polite and helpful. It was VERY highway accessible (right off Hwy 101), and a few blocks walk to the ocean where there's a walkway that stretches along the coast line - which is excellent for those wanting a little exercise. Our room looked over the In and Out Burger. Even with all the noise around us, once we closed our room's window, we really didn't hear the highway noise at all.

The hotel is quite small, in fact they don't have room enough for the usual free continental breakfast. However, they have teamed up with the nearby Denny's (a very short walk) to provide hotel guests with a free breakfast using a modified menu. You can choose something from the menu (I had the grand slam) for free, or you can order something else from the regular menu and receive $5 off. It worked quite well for us. Other than the tip, my wife and I had a good breakfast and paid nothing.

While our price of $109 was, I think, a bit too high for a Comfort Inn, I understand that it is prime summer time and that Ventura is a destination within SoCal. Overall, I have no problem recommending this hotel as a good place to stay if you're not needing any place special. It served our purposes well.

Room Tip: There are only three floors. We had room 307 that overlooked In and Out. Nothing special about that room. Only 1 elevator. Small hotel. Maybe 65 rooms?
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear SlyGuy21,
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at our facility. We are very pleased to hear that our central location, staff service, and breakfast option suited your needs well. We appreciate your feedback and hope to that you will stay with us again on your next trip out!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The Comfort Inn in Ventura suited our purposes perfectly. It is within walking distance of the beach and though it backs up to the 101 Freeway and a busy In & Out Burger place is right next door, our room was surprisingly quiet. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that the room smelled of some kind of cleanser or carpet shampoo, and I thought the odor was unpleasant. However, my husband didn't even notice it. He only complained when I sprayed a cloud of my cologne to cover up the chemical smell. He thought the cologne smell was too strong.

We only stayed one night, the eve of July 4th. But we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Patricia P,
We would like to thank you for reviewing your stay at Comfort Inn Ventura Beach. We are overjoyed to hear that our central location and staff service accommodated all of your needs. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered with any odors in the room. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again on your next visit to Ventura, CA!